mGalaxy v10.0 released
- [New] First macOS build
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: ability to download RetroArch missing cores directly from mGalaxy_Runway!
- [New] ‘Presenter 3’ theme.
- [Improved] Systems switching interface.
mGalaxy v9.0 released
- [New] ‘My Vintage Room II’ theme.
- [New] Visual effect overlay on themes.
- [New] 4 new screensavers.
- [New] Music album art displayed on music change.
- [New] Functionality of «tagging» games in mGalaxy to allow further processing in mGalaxy_Runway.
- [Fixed] mGalaxy_Runway: Fixed a bug that could prevent data from being correctly brought back from Sceenscraper.
mGalaxy v8.5 released
- [Improved] Ambiant sounds: ‘Arcade Game Room’ sound added.
- [Improved] Screensaver: By default the screensaver plays media from the ‘Screenshots’ and ‘Video’ folders. It is now possible to choose any other folder as source.
- [Improved] Improved ‘Base’ theme customization for a richer look.
- [Improved] ‘My Arcade Room’ theme available in 4:3 ratio.
- [New] Defaullt UI sounds as well as Ambiance sound may be overriden with user defined sounds (see ‘Sounds’ folder)
- [New] Compatibility with Pixelcade™ LED Marquee.
- [Improved] mGalaxy_Runway: upgrade to Screenscraper API 2.0.
- [Improved] mGalaxy_Runway: enhanced radio list with ‘Video Games Radio Stations’.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: display of the ‘vertical orientation’ information of the game.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: advanced DB filtering tools.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: introduction of ‘Smart Groups’ (Groups that are formed based on user-definable rules)
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: possibility to permanently delete a selection of games from the database to lighten it.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: emulator requirements info added.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: UI themes.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: encryption of servers passwords.
mGalaxy v8.0 released
- [New] ‘Stripe’ theme.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: ‘Emulators’ tab (emulator info, edition, filtering acting both on emu name and emu compatible systems)
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: possibility to set the choice of the emulator at the level of a single game.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: smart selection and batch game processing in database.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: ‘remaining games’ and ‘estimated remaining time’ displayed during game data download.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: preferred country and region selection for game data download.
- [New] mGalaxy_Runway: Emumovies server added.
- [Improved] mGalaxy_Runway: Screenscraper server now with user/pass fields.
- [Improved] mGalaxy_Runway: interface optimized for wide screens.
- [Improved] mGalaxy_Runway: better filtering on non playable roms during MAME database creation.
- [Improved] Controller mapping extended to 2 gamepads.
mGalaxy v7.6 released
- [New] MySNES theme.
- [New] ‘Menu’ window with shortcuts to all other windows (default key: m)
- [New] ‘VJ One’ screensaver.
- [Improved] (mGalaxy_Runway) Import from ‘Medium’ images (e.g. cartridge stickers)
- [Improved] Controller window: keys combination (like Ctrl-A) are now allowed.
- [Fixed] The local music play is now working when no internet connection is available.
mGalaxy v7.5 released
- [New] ‘Group’ feature (group several systems into one group)
- [New] ‘Presenter II’ theme.
- [New] ‘MyGameBoyAdvance’ theme.
- [New] Screensaver feature.
- [New] Ambient sounds play (background music option).
- [Improved] ‘Go to top of the list’/’Go to end of the list’ commands can now be used in the ‘Systems’ and ‘Top 10’ windows to navigate to the start/end of the lists.
- [Improved] PC keyboard can be used to type in the ‘Search’ window.
- [Fixed] mGalaxy is ‘portable’ again.
mGalaxy v7.1 released
- mGalaxy_Runway: bug while scraping from database fixed.
mGalaxy v7.0 released
- WebRadio added to available background music sources.
- Extended gamepad/joystick controller compatibility
- Mouse compatible interface
- mGalaxy_Runway now trims logo images with a transparent pixel border.
- Theme customization: all themes now come with a setting panel.
- mGalaxy_Updater: new application to update/patch mGalaxy on new release.
- mGalaxy_Runway: auto folder assignement.
mGalaxy v6.3 released
- New “Fruit Machine” theme added to meet the need of a growing number of users for a slot machine theme.
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Mame database creation further simplified.
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > ‘history.dat’ support added to Mame DB.
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Image preview while scraping from databases.
- mGalaxy_Runway: When duplicating a system, you now get the option to copy user files (database, favorites, top10,…) from the ‘original’ system to the ‘duplicated’ system.
mGalaxy v6.2 released
- New “Presenter” theme added.
- mGalaxy_Runway : Database > Hidden items can be restored to ‘Visible’.
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Show/hide Hidden items (displayed in a different text format)
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Show/hide Missing items (displayed in a different text format)
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > New database server added.
- mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Media download extended to movies, clear logos, fan arts.
- Game description cleaned up from parenthesis and brackets (and their content) [Option]
- Game list animation when scrolling [Option]
- Game list with logo images (for compatible themes) [Option]
- mGalaxy_Runway: Mame database creation further simplified.
“Catver.ini” & “nplayers.ini” automatically downloaded when missing.
mGalaxy v6.0 is out
Incredible amount of new features
- Automatic script handling.
No more need to handle scripts installation! No more need to worry whether an emulator needs a script or not to work, mGalaxy will manage it by itself!
- RetroArch added to available systems.
- Command window hidden.
The command window may now be hidden when the emulator is launched (for systems allowing it, like ‘Mame’ for instance)
- Uppercase and lower case rom file extensions are now allowed.
- Screensaver/Attract Mode.
- Theme switching (Premium).
Set one (different) theme per system.
- Localization (French, German, Portuguese for now!).
- mGalaxy_Runway system creation setup revised.
You now drag and drop the system you need (as many instances as you want) to build your system list (this would allow you, for instance, to create 3 different MAME systems!)
- Systems window: filtering on arcade/computer/console.
- mGalaxy_Runway: box/marquee images support (for themes allowing this functionality).
- Scroll speed setting.
Let you define the scrolling speed of the list when direction keys are held.
- Pre-Launch settings.
Allows you to launch another application/script/document before launching game (for instance, to auto load map to ‘Ultimarc Ultrastik 360’)
- Child lock (per key/button).
When set, the key/button has to be held for 3 seconds to run.
- Compatible with every screen resolution (e.g. 640x480px).
- mGalaxy_Runway: database creator (with resume functionality).
- mGalaxy_Runway: database editor (Premium).
- mGalaxy_Runway: data/media export (database, favorites, roms, snaps, boxes, videos).
- Multiple monitor support.
- Command Help panel.
Displays all the actions available and their corresponding key/button shortcut
- mGalaxy_Runway: Mame database creation updated