Author Topic: Sound not playing  (Read 4802 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Sound not playing
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:35:17 AM »
Place all the 'snap' files in one folder then, in mGalaxy_Runway, select that folder as the 'Screenshots' folder.
The media files  have to be named the same way as the rom name. So for a game file named 'blabla.zip' the media file should be named 'blabla.png'
The media files have to be in PNG format.
To display covers, you'll need a theme allowing to display covers ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:40:15 AM by mgalaxy »

maggotshero

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:12:55 PM »
Thank you! Now, another question. How do I go about adding cover art and screenshots? I know how to do it, per se, but, they never show up.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:17 AM »
Hi maggotshero,
Welcome on the forum ! :)
Please have a look at the download page (http://www.mgalaxy.com/download.html), the minimum required files are listed there!
In your case I'm pretty sure that you're just missing Windows Media Player 10!
Don't hesitate to come back here to report or request further assistance!

maggotshero

Sound not playing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »
So I Just installed mGalaxy for my mame cabinet. (I love the software by the way, super easy to setup) but, when I tested it on my laptop with some music, the music played just fine, and now on the arcade pc, which is running server 2008 r2. (I got it from my college for free since i'm in the IT department and it is a super basic operating system) but, the music files won't play, and the computer doesn't say "Launching game" before a game starts, help would be much appreciated.
't