Author Topic: FS-UAE configuration  (Read 10603 times)

Crrispy

Re: FS-UAE configuration
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
Very interested by this, Amiga has the best ever version of Pacmania, and also Superfrog and Project-X are games i'd like to have in my list :)

flomartin

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 06:11:27 AM »
I really don't get it...

On 2 different computers with fresh Windows 10 anniversary installs, with WMP 12 installed, I can't see the videos...

But they play fine in MPClassic !

Perhaps the problem comes from Win 10 ?

Any user of Windows 10 here ?

jmd

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 05:59:03 AM »
Windows Media Player 12 can play MP4 files! (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17615/windows-media-player-12)
The video should play fine with Windows Media Player...if you've v12 installed! Is this the case?
If yes, you should revert to a clean state (without all you test installations) and be able to play a mp4 file

If you don't have Windows Media Player 12 installed (or don't want to install it) you can work from a previous Windows Media Player version but in this case you'll have to install a codec pack (the link given to you to K-Lite Codec Pack is a good link) and a MP4 splitter (http://haali.su/mkv/). If it still doesn't work try installing ffdshow (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ffdshow.htm) as well!!

Reference: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-pictures/playing-mp4s-on-media-player/0376dd7b-0e9c-4899-8f6c-50b08650dbec?auth=1

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:00:15 AM by mgalaxy »

flomartin

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 05:42:43 AM »
Perhaps someone could tell me how to properly set-up the K-lite codec pack ?

I have perhaps missed something there ?

Everybody managed to play mp4 videos in mGalaxy ?

flomartin

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 05:39:36 AM »
Hi !

I know that mGalaxy is not the culprit regarding the videos not playing ! I just can't understand how to play these damn videos :)

They are fine in MPC, they are in mp4 , it should be ok. But only god knows why, they don't play in other players.

I have installed K-Lite Codec pack, no luck, another codec pack, no luck again :(

About the Amiga emulation, it's really complicated to set-up. I will anyway continue, but it's a bit sad that there are no auto setup or at least a tutorial to assist with FS-UEA.

Thanks to everybody anyway :)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 05:09:16 AM »
Flomartin,
If I were you I would install K-Lite Codec Pack (http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_standard.htm)

mGalaxy looks great, but I have too many troubles, including the fact that the videos are still blank
Which other problem do you have? Just ask, there's a lot of great people able to help you here!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:27:14 AM by mgalaxy »

jmd

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 05:02:33 AM »
mGalaxy looks great, but I have too many troubles, including the fact that the videos are still blank, even with all the codec packs I could try !
It's a pain, because they appear fine in Media Player Classic...
mGalaxy is not the culprit! You're telling yourself that they do not play in Windows Media Player as well...so it's up to you to find a solution/codec to be allowed to play mp4 files properly on your PC, then mGalaxy will display them correctly too! ;-)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:07:00 AM by jmd »

flomartin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 04:55:36 AM »
Thanks a lot for your help,

It sounds really too complicated for me I'm afraid, I really don't know how to use the scripts :(

mGalaxy looks great, but I have too many troubles, including the fact that the videos are still blank, even with all the codec packs I could try !

It's a pain, because they appear fine in Media Player Classic...

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 03:24:35 AM »
And I'm not sure that the Amiga is really a good system for an Arcade system, as you need the keyboard most of the time
Amiga if one of the better system for me, lot of coop game (like yoe joe), lot of exclusivities. You can't forget this one.
You can assign space/enter/F1/F2 to joypad, to bypass keyboard in a lot of game, You can too move the amiga mouse with a pad.

I have a full working amiga system with WDload support.
It's old but I have already make a post fir it http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=496.msg2208#msg2208

Tell me if it need to be updated.

Edit: oups, sorry, was the Winuae version, this one is the good link, and it can manage save when you leave the game, not possible directly in fs-uae.
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=293.msg2295#msg2295
But you need the first link to understand how work the second one.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:38:15 AM by Aeliss »

flomartin

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 12:57:25 AM »
I have tried,

It allows mGalaxy to show the rom list, but when I launch a game, I just have the KickStart insert disk screen.

But I should find a way, it just annoying not to have a proper tutorial from the developer.

And I'm not sure that the Amiga is really a good system for an Arcade system, as you need the keyboard most of the time.

We will see.

Thanks anyway :)

flomartin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 12:28:26 AM »
Sounds like an amazing idea :)

Will try today and will report here of course.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Flo

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
I don't know this system well but if the problem is only a question of file extension not being recognized you could manually edit the BaseSystems.xml & UserSystems.xml (both files in DATA folder) and a .lha to the allowed extensions!?

Open those files with a text editor, search for 'amiga', then edit this line:
<Extensions>.adf,.adz,.dms,.fdi,.gz,.hdf,.hdz,.ipf,.rdf,.rdz,.vhd,.zip</Extensions>
and add .lha to it:
<Extensions>.lha,.adf,.adz,.dms,.fdi,.gz,.hdf,.hdz,.ipf,.rdf,.rdz,.vhd,.zip</Extensions>

If that works, please report here to have the developers update the xml files for future updates!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:45:59 PM by jmd »

flomartin

FS-UAE configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »
Hi All !

I have been through all the documentation, but there is little about FS-UAE configuration.

In order for FS-UAE to work, the lha files have to be unzipped. But if the disks are not zipped, then mGalaxy don't see them !

To avoid the disk swapping troubles, I would like to use the WHDLoad versions.

A tutorial for FS-UAE would be more than welcome :D

I would buy the premium version if I would be able to have both MAME & Amiga working fully :)

Thanks a lot !