Author Topic: Displaying the real names in Mame instead of the "short versions"  (Read 4707 times)

Ony86

Re: Displaying the real names in Mame instead of the "short versions"
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
Thanks a lot!

I replaced the catver.ini & the nplayers.ini I had in my Mame folder with new ones, updated the database with Mgalaxy Runway and now everything is fine  :D
I didn't think to do so because I already had another version of these files (and it worked great with the previous version of Mgalaxy, so I thought the problem was with the new version), but anyway I have the real titles now and it's all that matters!

Thanks again for your quick reply, it's really cool to have support like this when you need it and its adding to the greatness of Mgalaxy. By the way, thanks also for your amazing work on the new version, it's fabulous!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 02:19:50 PM »
Make sure to use the proper files (catver.ini, nplayers.ini)
There's a tutorial on our YouTube channel, follow it and you should end with a working mame system! :)

Ony86

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
Thank you very much for your quick answer,
Yes I've checked "use database".
I just tried to rebuilt the database (I chose "yes" to the question "would you like to pick the data from the integrated MAME database?"): now in Mgalaxy it says "the filters has created a list of video games" but I can't see any of my games, even the short versions of the titles are gone  :'( ...
Did I do something wrong?

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »
Have you check "use database" in mGalaxy Runaway ?
Or try to rebuild the database, with mGalaxyRunaway too.

Ony86

Displaying the real names in Mame instead of the "short versions"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:51:32 AM »
Hello,

Since I made the Update to the latest version of Mgalaxy, the names of the Mame games are only shown by their "short version" (for example "SPF2T" instead of "Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo").
That's weird because with the previous version of Mgalaxy the names were fine...
Is there any way to fix this?
I'm using Mame 0.168 if that matters...

Thanks a lot!