Author Topic: Using the pictures from the databases files as screenshots  (Read 5368 times)

Ony86

Re: Using the pictures from the databases files as screenshots
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:53:34 PM »
AWESOME !! Just can't wait for that new version :-D
Thank you again for your amazing work (and for your reply)!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
I think that the next version of mGalaxy should please you!
You'll be able to download automatically game info from an internet database (screenshots included) from within mGalaxy!

Ony86

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »
Update: I was thinking -perhaps it would be easier- of an option which would allow to display the informations and the pictures from the databases in the middle (in place of the "screenshot" box, for those who choose to do so of course)... Maybe this would be much simple...

Ony86

Using the pictures from the databases files as screenshots
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
Hello,

First of all, congratulations and thanks to the developpers of mGalaxy for the amazing work  they have done. I have tried quite a few frontends and this is the best I've seen so far!

I got a little idea to -perhaps- improve and simplify the huge task of getting screenshots for every games.

As you may imagine, find, download and rename screenshots files for a very large collection of game is a hell of a work. I have hundreds of roms and I can't imagine how long it would take to do it for every single one.
Thinking of that, I noticed that there are pictures in the databases files, along with the extra informations (genre, players etc...).

So my idea is simple: would it be possible to create a patch or something that would allow these pictures to be displayed as the main screenshots in mGalaxy? In that way, no need to download hundreds of pictures no more, it would be a very simple and fast way to have a picture for all games!

I don't know if this is even possible, I'm just asking cause I see an empty screenshot every time I open mGalaxy, but I don't have the courage of spending hours to get screenshots for every game... It's not a big deal though, but I would love this feature!

Thank you for reading me, and again congrats for this amazing frontend!

Ps: please forgive my bad english (I'm french ^^)