Author Topic: Arcade monitor/Theme  (Read 6754 times)

Ian

Re: Arcade monitor/Theme
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
I'm using the front end with a vertical Ms. Pacman cabaret monitor and really have no issues with font size. I'm currently using the default vertical theme that comes with mGalaxy for testing purposes until the new version comes out and i pickup a few of the supporter themes. Can you post an image of your monitor display? Are you using a theme for your monitor's orientation? How's your convergence and monitor adjustments? Are you using soft 15 or a converter board? As far as I know, currently all of the themes are optimized for 800x600 unless mGalaxy wants to chime in on this saying otherwise so what resolution are you using for the desktop size.
+

My monitor and theme are both running at 800x600. That's not the problem. It looks fine. And the original default theme is okay but the white on blue is a bit washed out. But it works. Like my other post I am looking for the game list to really pop.

Ian

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
I am sorry for the late reply.... I just was hoping that we could possibly have the option for bigger text size. Or even the ability to brighten the text color. For example the black background with the arcade machine looks nice but the text isn't super bright (it's more on the dull muted color than white) on my older arcade monitor.  It's playable and it's a great front end, I just wanted to hear from others to see what theme they are using that works best for an arcade monitor.

I mean if I swapped out the arcade monitor for an LCD or LED screen I am sure this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Mihoshi20

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »
I'm using the front end with a vertical Ms. Pacman cabaret monitor and really have no issues with font size. I'm currently using the default vertical theme that comes with mGalaxy for testing purposes until the new version comes out and i pickup a few of the supporter themes. Can you post an image of your monitor display? Are you using a theme for your monitor's orientation? How's your convergence and monitor adjustments? Are you using soft 15 or a converter board? As far as I know, currently all of the themes are optimized for 800x600 unless mGalaxy wants to chime in on this saying otherwise so what resolution are you using for the desktop size.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »
Sorry Ian, I had missed that topic!
The system arcade black is usable but not perfect
What do you mean? What would you like to see improved?

Ian

Arcade monitor/Theme
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »
Anyone else using an arcade monitor to run this Front end? If so what theme are you using??? I am finding the font is too small and not bright enough on the black overlay, the green overlay. The system arcade black is usable but not perfect. Just curious of anyone else has been having issues.