Author Topic: Newbie here, trying to start an emulator and hear "launching game," but no launc  (Read 4147 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Hi shades,

From the 3 emulators you've chosen, 2 of them 'heavily' relies on properly setting-up the emulator itself. (have you seen that page?:http://www.mgalaxy.com/tutorial_emulators.html)

If you don't mind, we'll help you either with the PCSX2 (provided that you've put the script -http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.0- into the emu directory)...or -and it would be my preferred choice- with another emulator which starts out of the box (choose one please!)

Please come back and tell which solution you've chosen..and we'll start helping!

The only thing I want to ask you right now is:
For the one's with scripts, I check "use script" if available. I also create a directory for the games
What do you mean be 'I also create a directory for the games'?

You should need:
- an emu path
- a rom path
- if a script is required it should be placed in the same folder than the emulator application itself!
- check 'Use script...' and 'Activate'
- ...that's all!!

shades

Hi everyone,

I looked around this forum and couldn't find a solution to what is 100% certainly user error on my part. I set up mGalaxy Runway for PS2 (PCSX2), NES (Nestopia), and GBA (VisualBoy):

1)I set up the AppPath to each emulator's .exe
2) I set up the rom path to each section's game list. The games show up perfectly in mGalaxy.
3) For the one's with scripts, I check "use script" if available. I also create a directory for the games.
4) I check the "Activate" button and hit save.
5) I boot up mGalaxy, and all the games show up great. Then I hit start and hear "Launching Game," and the program seems to be loading. 10 minutes later, no game has started, and I have to hit ESC to unfreeze the program.

I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I assume it somehow has to do with the emulator not starting properly but don't know why. Thanks for any help and sorry for being noobish.