Author Topic: Multiple Mames?  (Read 4530 times)

Dal1980

• Email
Re: Multiple Mames?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
Thanks mgalaxy! :D

Sorry, I thought the xml referred to each game i.e. xml entry for donkey kong, a new entry for mario etc.

So the XML is for the emulators table then, that's great! Thanks for your help.

The manager you're developing sounds cool!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Multiple Mames?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
Hi and welcome to mGalaxy!

I searched for this answer on the forum but the closest I found was controlling individual ROMs to open up in particular emulators (http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=775.0) which sounds good for the odd file but not for the huge lists I'll have for each Mame version.

Follow the link you're referring to, this is the correct way to add (duplicate) a system! (nothing to do with 'controlling individual ROMs to open up in particular emulators')

In the next mGalaxy version (I hope to release it before Xmas) you'll get a powerful 'system manager' allowing you to create/duplicate a system in one click!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:02:53 PM by mgalaxy »

Dal1980

• Email
Multiple Mames?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to mGalaxy

Well done on creating such a nice interface! Thank you  :)

I'm still setting up my whole collection but came across a small niggle which I'm sure is a way around it but being new thought I'd ask here.

I'm wanting to run different versions of Mame (to counter issues with ROMs being fussy with Mame versions or perhaps the other way around). In the Runway application there seems to be no way of adding other Mame instances to the list. For instance I'd like to be able to use mGalaxy for switching between my Mame138, Mame141, Mame142, Mame144, Mame151, Mame156 and Mame161. I realise there may not be a visual editor to do this but that's fine, I have a little experience with scripts.

I searched for this answer on the forum but the closest I found was controlling individual ROMs to open up in particular emulators (http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=775.0) which sounds good for the odd file but not for the huge lists I'll have for each Mame version.

Many thanks
Dal