Author Topic: What about including RetroArch  (Read 8662 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: What about including RetroArch
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
All the systems that mGalaxy supports will have their RetroArch counterpart (if available).
So the reply is: yes I did!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:28:02 PM by mgalaxy »

greenaway

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
Hi,

Nice, did you add it for all systems it can emulate ?

regards.

greenaway

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
ok,
I understand what you mean.

But, the comparison criteria are clearly explained and seem to me impartial.
In my opinion, the advantage of this kind of project is the standardization also all emu involved are supposed to be open source and not closed (in constant evolution).
But you're right, it's a young project and need to be improved.

All the needed info for command line are in the Wiki in :
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Using-the-command-line

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
I've added RetroArch support to mGalaxy...2 weeks ago ;-)

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
Why I personally don't like this project ?

1 - They just use core from other emul, so I prefer use the emul that develop the core, more optimised, more options, more in date, more lighter, better support (If you have a problem on a system, better for you to go on emul forum that retroarch forum).
2 - they aren't objective when they said "this emul is the better", why ? Firstly they don't check closed source emul, and their comparaisons are funny, eg how they compare project64 and mupen64plus ?
"Considering the negligible title compatibility differences between these two, the fact that the latter runs on more platforms including Linux lends greater potential for the target system's preservation than the Windows-only Project64. Its inclusion as a RetroArch core furthers this argument"
No comment .....
3 -more complicated to configure, yes, one time all is configured it's easier, but good luck before, scrolling in forum to find information for bios for exemple.

4 - This is realy personnal but I hate easy coded multiplatform open source application with 50 libraries, have you take a look on numbers of files, it's a monster, I have some emul that just need 3 files to works and with less than 1 M.
5 - I can make basic support for emuls for users that prefer coming here insted of emulator site, but with this monster, not possible.

For me this application isn't an emulator( or emulator API), but a simple Frontend optimised to be easier to use, with selected application.

mGalaxy can including it of course, it's easy he just need to add the command line (It supports command line from my memory), you can give the command line on this topic if you are using it, I m sure he will use it in the future update.

But it will be without me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:25:51 PM by Aeliss »

greenaway

What about including RetroArch
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »
Hello,

It seems the amazing open source multi-emulator RetroArch (including bests Open Sources emu plugins)
will be a must (see http://nonmame.retrogames.com/)

So why not including it in mGalaxy ?

Regards.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:10:07 AM by greenaway »