Author Topic: Show game category  (Read 5968 times)

iOtero

• Email
Re: Show game category
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
In the UI, please show the game category as well.

I think it is a great idea. It would be very interesting to see the game genre on the screen.

greenaway

Re: Show game category
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
I totally agree.
To go further, we need to display category lists automatically build by mG from the datase used
for each system. This list could be displayed as popup menus in which we could navigate (like it is currently done for systems). The list displayed should be dynamically filtered by roms folder and user choices in filters)
What I imagine in my dream is:
1- push a key to see the pop-up list appears - the system list as its currently done
2- the list is vertical instead of horizontal - so we can move in current pop-up with up and down arrow
3- selection of one or multiple systems possibles ? see what is possible
4- the item(s) are selected with a push on spacebar and stay highlighted in list
5- move on next list by pressing on right key. the following list appears near or above the first one (ex:genre list)
6-in this new list you can do the same way. select one or several genres you want to keep, they stay
highlighted in the list
7- same process until the last list

The games lists and categories lists are dynamically filtered depending on the previous choice.
This is possible only if the option "use database is set" for a system. if yes, mG can use it and build
the category lists.

What do you thing of that ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:25:37 AM by greenaway »

badbob001

Show game category
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:07:37 AM »
In the UI, please show the game category as well.