Author Topic: mGalaxy "Screensaver"  (Read 6553 times)

Helldome

Re: mGalaxy "Screensaver"
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »
Jmd that's fantastic to hear! That's probably good because in about a month once the cabinet is finished I'm moving it to a new home so that will be the perfect time to update the software!

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
Helldome,
This feature is already part of the new mGalaxy version to come. 'Unfortunately', since the next mGalaxy version contains a huge set of additions it should take at least one month more before final release!!

dashing w,
Just curious to know: what is please the name of the screensaver you're using?

"gPhotoshow Pro" and it works just like a regular screensaver on your PC, you dont even have to have a frontend running. But if you do have mGalaxy running and dont touch it for a few minutes then it starts playing the games videos until the mouse is moved or a key is pressed. The only thing that sucks is ofcourse you cant have the actual game bezels around the matching video like could be done in Mgalaxy maybe. I've seen it done in other frontends but I am partial to mGalaxy

jmd

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:32:21 AM »
Helldome,
This feature is already part of the new mGalaxy version to come. 'Unfortunately', since the next mGalaxy version contains a huge set of additions it should take at least one month more before final release!!

dashing w,
Just curious to know: what is please the name of the screensaver you're using?

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
I've mentioned this before, by the response I don't think it's going to happen. I went out and bought a Video Screensaver for $25. Works great and plays all the mame videos in the mame/Video folder (downloaded from emumovies) after x amount of time. I have it playing a few old commercials as well that I threw into the folder... I felt it was worth the $25 bucks. I suppose I could have thrown my money the Mgalaxy way had something been done with the frontend on this though.... ???

Helldome

mGalaxy "Screensaver"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
I love mGalaxy as it is, but I'd really love if it had a way to have a sort of idle video. As in if someone hasn't selected a game in x-amount of time then it either just starts pulling from the different video snapshot folders randomly and playing them in fullscreen or has a select video that someone can direct the runway towards. It would just save me from having my cabinet play the same video for the same game indefinitely since it never gets turned off.