Author Topic: A little help for a newbie  (Read 9501 times)

Stal8080

Re: A little help for a newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »
Yep, it check all your roms, according to your mame version, and you have a rom list with red icon ok, yellow icon, red icon (missing file), you can have details too, to see the missing files inside the zip file, sometime the missing files are in other rom file (eg bios rom and not game rom).

After I just type on google the missing file name with "rom mame" to download directly the correct complete file if I don't find it just with game name.

But with this application you need to download all the 75 files, except if the 75 games use the same incomplete bios for exemple. But lot of time it's just a rename correction that can be corrected by clrmamepro.

In fact this app is a clrmamepro light version, less powerfull but easier to use, good luck to use clrmamepro without tutorial. Take a look here http://www.cphsolutions.f2s.com/guides/cmprotutorial.htm

Thanks...man there are alot of steps to go through....wish I could get Mame32 to work with my romset controller issue.

Aeliss

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 10:41:26 AM »
Yep, it check all your roms, according to your mame version, and you have a rom list with red icon ok, yellow icon, red icon (missing file), you can have details too, to see the missing files inside the zip file, sometime the missing files are in other rom file (eg bios rom and not game rom).

After I just type on google the missing file name with "rom mame" to download directly the correct complete file if I don't find it just with game name.

But with this application you need to download all the 75 files, except if the 75 games use the same incomplete bios for exemple. But lot of time it's just a rename correction that can be corrected by clrmamepro.

In fact this app is a clrmamepro light version, less powerfull but easier to use, good luck to use clrmamepro without tutorial. Take a look here http://www.cphsolutions.f2s.com/guides/cmprotutorial.htm
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:47:13 AM by Aeliss »

Stal8080

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 05:59:51 AM »

I use Emuloader, to check my roms and update them manualy (lot of work), but there is applications that can automatisate the manipulation.
Take a look on clrmamepro, this one not download missing files, but can correct lot of them.
You can find "update pack" if you just need a little upgrade.
There is application that can download too missing file, but I don't remember them.

hmm this interests me because honestly I'm looking at only about 75 games that I will actually have on my favorite list.  Does Emuloader just identify that you have missing files???  and then if it does you need to update the rom??

Aeliss

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 11:15:20 AM »
I have this problem at every Mame update ^^, lot of game works but are not in date or not reconized. It s for that I just update my mame version every 5/6 version.
I use Emuloader, to check my roms and update them manualy (lot of work), but there is applications that can automatisate the manipulation.
Take a look on clrmamepro, this one not download missing files, but can correct lot of them.
You can find "update pack" if you just need a little upgrade.
There is application that can download too missing file, but I don't remember them.

Stal8080

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
with the help of this thread and mGalaxy's xml file for mame 0164 I am now able to properly display rom names in mgalaxy and have mame recognize my joysticks ---thank you all very much!!!  Now alot of my roms I fear aren't compatible with the latest version of mame, since they are from Mame32.....  Any thoughts are getting my current roms up to date without having to download all new roms??

Aeliss

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
Try in the "data/system_name" folder.

Stal8080

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 01:54:30 PM »
This may sound like a very newie question however if I download the XML file that you created using romluster where am I supposed to put that I don't see anywhere within the M galaxy folder that will allow me to drag-and-drop.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Now my problem is I can't get the rom names to show correctly just shows the name of the zip file.  I have put the catlist.ini and nplayers.ini in the proper directory but to now avail.
Please see this topic:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=797.msg3128#msg3128

Stal8080

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »
Ok the frustration continues.  I downloaded the newest version of mame and it looks like I can get the controls to recognize when it launches through mGalaxy.  Now my problem is I can't get the rom names to show correctly just shows the name of the zip file.  I have put the catlist.ini and nplayers.ini in the proper directory but to now avail.   Really wish I could just get the controller working with Mame32!!

Stal8080

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 09:28:26 AM »
any help with the above would be appreciated....I have attached my mameini file if that helps.

Stal8080

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 08:01:11 AM »
 Thanks for the replies I'll be sure to check those when I have some time. I played around a little bit last night as well with my arcade sticks I have to Xbox 360 arcade sticks that I plan to use for my controllers and galaxy has no problem recognizing them and I can scroll through my list with the joysticks and the buttons work however when I watch a game into Mame I can't seem to get Mame to recognized the controllers.  Even when I hit tab and try to assign the buttons to the joystick nothing happens. However when I launch meme out of M galaxy mame recognizes them fine. Any thoughts?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:25:03 AM »
Hello and welcome to mGalaxy!!

every time I do it pulls in the entire db of rom names not just the roms I have in my folder
It might be in mGalaxy preferences (default key: shift) > 'Only show available roms' (check it, default key to select/unselect: 1 (on the main keyboard, not the numeric keypad), default key to exit: 2 (on the main keyboard))

When I select a game as a "favorite" in mGalaxy it doesn't seem to save it in my Top 10 Fav's
If you check a game as favorite (default key: Ctrl (Control)) a 'Smiling Face' icon is displayed in the screenshot zone. You can then choose to 'Only display favorites' in the mGalaxy Preferences window (like you did before for 'Only show available roms')

Then you have the 'Top 10' window (default key: 'Alt') where you can enter 10 games that you want to have on hand immediately.

How can you exit Mame and get back to mGalaxy?
The 'Esc' (escape) key!

I would suggest you to have a deeper look to the mGalaxy shortcuts and default keys in mGalaxy_Runway > Keyboard Tab (...the same for Mame)

I hope it will help, if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask!

Stal8080

A little help for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »
Hello All....first off love the simplicity of mGalaxy so far.  This has been the only frontend I was able to get anywhere with on a short amount of time.  Few questions though.

1.  I am using an old version of Mame 32 with respective roms.  Simple reason, I only have 120-130 roms that I look to play and I just have those roms in my "roms" folder.  I can get mGalaxy to recognize those roms, however the names are the file names.  I have followed instructions on this forums to correct that but every time I do it pulls in the entire db of rom names not just the roms I have in my folder.  I doubled checked my paths and they are correct, any thoughts???

2.  When I select a game as a "favorite" in mGalaxy it doesn't seem to save it in my Top 10 Fav's????

3.  How can you exit Mame and get back to mGalaxy?