Author Topic: mGalaxy wont load Roms because Database has different names. newb help please :(  (Read 5737 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
will this match up with the database downloaded from mglaxy website
Yes it will!

the_dude58

• Email
ok, I'm downloading the No-Intro romset. It was quite large (as expected) just before I go through all the bandwidth, will this match up with the database downloaded from mglaxy website? (I like the database because it shows genre, date released, a bio of the game)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
...I would add that Romlister can output directly to the mGalaxy format!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:14:04 AM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

There is some application too, to rename rom file (like romcenter), you select a folder, a database, and this application rename all your rom.
I never use them, because I don't use standard database, but it s works fine.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
If the name of the database is 'Nintendo SNES [No-Intro]', that means that the roms naming convention is the one of 'No-Intro'.
If I were you, I would investigate on 'No-Intro'...and see what you can find!!  ;)
For example "no-intro snes roms" !? (if you own the roms)

the_dude58

• Email
Hi there. I have a whole wack of roms labeled like "AAAHH!!! Real Monsters (U).smc" etc. Well, mGalaxy loads it up fine, emulator starts, bla bla bla.

When I load up a database from this site, it has the names labeled better, and the snaps I found correspond with them, resulting in a beautiful system, but nothing loads. I realized, the database has different names then my roms.  How can I make them the same? not by manual obviously, but how can I load up a database that will work with my roms. Perhaps a program that will rename all my roms based on similarities to the title found in the database? Thank you!!