Author Topic: Admin setting?  (Read 5340 times)

pritch33

Re: Admin setting?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
JMD
My previous frontend had more options, you could set buttons yourself so with add to favorites I was able to configure 3 buttons had to be pressed to add or delete so you could not accidentally change things. There was no control panel option as all changes where done through a separate program similar to the  mgalaxy runway

Mgalaxy
A kids lock out feature would be nice but a simple solution could be maybe add a time delay setting to the buttons that add/ remove favorites and access the control panel. At the moment I am finding I am adding and removing games from the favorites because of the button process I was used to before, so I figure anyone else that uses the arcade has no chance LOL. the last thing I want is to have a few people playing go my favourites to find them either missing or nearly every game added. I currently made a backup of the favorites file so I can replace it if things go wrong but would prefer a better option.

I have not yet played with the top 10 function so not sure how that works but assume it is just an easy process to add and remove from that as well? if so yes it would be nice if it could be added into the same processes

Thanks
Ray

jmd

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »
How would you implement it? Simply disabling the actions?

pritch33, did you saw it in another frontend/application? Which one and how do they treat this functionality?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:06:51 PM by mgalaxy »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:22:27 AM »
pritch33,

This is a good idea and I should implement a "Kids Lock" feature for: favorites, add to top10, preference window, system change/quit (but if 'quit' is disable I'll have to think for another mechanism to quit!)...and perhaps "Only Show Favorites On/Off" !?

pritch33

Admin setting?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 07:42:34 PM »
Is there any chance of setting a multi button configuration to disable the add/remove to favorites and bringing up the control panel or even set a time delay that the buttons used for these functions has to be held down for 3 seconds. During initial setup its great that its so easy, but if you have lots of people/kids, bunch of drunks LOL using the system it is to easy for changes to be made by other people.

Thanks
Ray
PS I had commented on this already but thought I would post here