Author Topic: Resolution of the snaps?  (Read 5566 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Resolution of the snaps?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »
He is right, for the minimum, the native system resolution is the better choice
Aeliss, my friend, there's no concept of minimum and maximum.
The only thing that count is the native image resolution.
A picture of  160x192, once software enlarged (with Photoshop) or hardware enlarged (by an emulator) won't never counts new details!
The only difference might come from anti aliasing involved in the procedure.

So I would advice you to stick to the rule enunciated in my previous post. By observing this rule, you'll get the certitude that the files will load with maximum speed (no need to wait for disk drive to load bigger files, no big image decompression...and quick as hell enlargement by mgalaxy!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:03:56 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
He is right, for the minimum, the native system resolution is the better choice.

For the maximum (for highter system resolution),  mGalaxy can only display SS with 1/4 of the screen on its interface, so on 19200*1200 resolution, the better resolution is around 800*600, and a SS with this size can exceed 1M.

Edit:
From my memory the ps2 use natively 640x480.
And the WII too.
So IDK wich one emul you are using but taking the native resolution every time is enought for me, you will never reach the maximum resolution mGalaxy can display on an HD display without loosing data.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:26:35 PM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
The resolution for your screenshots should be  the resolution of the native system emulated!!
One playing Atari 2600 games doesn't need screenshots superior in size to 160x192..which is the native resolution of the Atari 2600 NTSC

As you can imagine by yourself, a screenshot size of 1600x1920 (for instance) is just a 10x enlargement of the original size (with no new 'details' added!!)...which mgalaxy does by itself (if needed) when displaying bitmap data!!

By observing this rule, you'll get the certitude that files will load at maximum speed (no need to wait for disk drive to load bigger files, no big image decompression...and quick as hell enlargement by mgalaxy ;-))

This is of course totally different with modern 3D games where more pixels often means more details!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:36:27 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:50:16 AM »
I have never see maximum for them.
The better resolution depend on your resolution, and perhaps your theme,
Take a measure to know how many pixel take a screenshoot on your display ^^. If your SS are smaller, you will have a lower quality because it will be streched, if your SS are bigger, lower quality because all pixels can't be displayed. But on some theme the SS are streched to take all the screen (on background)

Neosys

Resolution of the snaps?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:43:15 AM »
Hello!

What is the maximum resolution of the snaps? Respectively what would be the best resolution for snaps?

Thanks.