Author Topic: issue with catver.ini  (Read 9299 times)

BONLEV

• Email
Re: issue with catver.ini
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
I was forgotten mgalaxy was portable  :-[
Thanks for reminding me. I was going to try this but before that I took a good look with the empty list in mame.

Now I saw it was on favorites (like always) but when changing this all the games came back  8) in mgalaxy

So something went wrong in the past. Now it's working again. I will remember now mgalaxy is portable. thx again.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 02:55:20 AM »
tried it today with  history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini and placed them in the mame folder. Didn't work. I'm also not sure I download the correct files. I think I better remove the mame I have.
When deleting mame (uninstall?) the folder hiscores will not be deleted?
Are you using the latest Mame version as well as the latest catver, history, nplayers files?

My pc inside my cabinet doesn't have internet connection.
mGalaxy is portable! So you can install it  on a PC with an internet connection, create a Mame system then a database, and coyp/paste the resulting database file to your cabinet through a usb key!

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »
When  creating a database for mame, mGalaxy is waiting for: history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini (notice the capital 'C') to be present in the chosen mame application folder.
If it can't find them, mGalaxy will download them from the mGalaxy server. In that case, this is the latest version of all those file (synced to the latest mame version) which are downloaded.

So, please try either with and 'old' version of mame with the corresponding file version for history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini
...or try with the latest version of mame with no history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini files in the mame folder to force mGalaxy to download them.

tried it today with  history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini and placed them in the mame folder. Didn't work. I'm also not sure I download the correct files. I think I better remove the mame I have.
When deleting mame (uninstall?) the folder hiscores will not be deleted?

My pc inside my cabinet doesn't have internet connection.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 06:59:14 AM »
When  creating a database for mame, mGalaxy is waiting for: history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini (notice the capital 'C') to be present in the chosen mame application folder.
If it can't find them, mGalaxy will download them from the mGalaxy server. In that case, this is the latest version of all those file (synced to the latest mame version) which are downloaded.

So, please try either with and 'old' version of mame with the corresponding file version for history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini
...or try with the latest version of mame with no history.dat, nplayers.ini, Catver.ini files in the mame folder to force mGalaxy to download them.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 06:26:27 AM »
still waiting if someone can fix my problem. thx

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:13 AM »
I would like to see the content of this file: 'mGalaxy > Data > UserSystems > "The ID of your Mame system" > xmlout.xml'
If this file is not empty, there are big chances that you can't see files in mGalaxy because of a filter applied on it (favorites only, genre, players, keyword, ...)

The file was not empty. The other systems nes and snes work perfectly. So where is that filter applied. I looked in the mgalaxy menu when choosing a system and I think this looks normal.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 01:12:19 AM »
I would like to see the content of this file: 'mGalaxy > Data > UserSystems > "The ID of your Mame system" > xmlout.xml'
If this file is not empty, there are big chances that you can't see files in mGalaxy because of a filter applied on it (favorites only, genre, players, keyword, ...)

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »
There is an option in windows to display extension on folder (tools/options/...)
A "configuration file" can be a ini file.

I can't figure it out. I made some screenshots. I just overwritten an excisting game from mame and after that I had the problem with the empty game list. strange

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »
There is an option in windows to display extension on folder (tools/options/...)
A "configuration file" can be a ini file.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 05:15:48 AM »
Hi jwallecu,

You're doing everything fine..the fact is that 'Catver.ini' is structured differently from .159 version!
The next mGalaxy version is already modified to take this change in account.

In the meanwhile I've manually adapted a Catver.ini file v159 for you. Please try and tell me if it's better with it!

When I copy the nplayers.ini and catver.ini the .ini is gone when pasting it in the same directory as mame.exe and it's a become a configuration file? It worked before but I can' t remember how I solved it. Now my mame database is  empty when launching mgalaxy.

I have mame 0.190

jwallencu

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:08:42 AM »
that worked perfectly, thank you so much.  Spent alot of time yesterday trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Nice to wake up and have that issue solved.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:47:47 AM »
Hi jwallecu,

You're doing everything fine..the fact is that 'Catver.ini' is structured differently from .159 version!
The next mGalaxy version is already modified to take this change in account.

In the meanwhile I've manually adapted a Catver.ini file v159 for you. Please try and tell me if it's better with it!

jwallencu

issue with catver.ini
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »
So i've been trying to get my xgalaxy setup and working. So far i'm loving the ease of use, but that ease of use has finally bitten me.  I downloaded the latest version of catver.ini from the link in the tutorial but it doesn't seem to be getting read when I create a database.  I have the catver file in the same folder as mame and for good measure I put the mgalaxy files in there too.  I also put the nplayer file in there, and when I create a database I can see the xml files in the data folder adding the number of player data but for some reason it isn't reading the catver file.  I don't know of any way to get a any output from the create database button to try and figure out what the issue is.  I am running mame 156 but the catver file I have is 159 could that be causing the issue?  I tried creating a 159 version of mame but that didn't work either, I found a really really old catver file, but that also didn't work.  Any help or ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.  Thanks