Author Topic: DOSBox and LaunchBox work G-R-E-A-T !!  (Read 6359 times)

dashingw

• Email
DOSBox and LaunchBox work G-R-E-A-T !!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
Just something interesting to pass on....

I decided to try to get Dosboxs working through mgalaxy. I downloaded LauncherBox which is a DOSBox front end and installs DOSbox with it automatically but just installs it to a folder and not your system which is what I prefer

I went into the system.xml and changed "Microsoft" to "Dosbox" because I will never use the Microsoft app anyways. I also added .zip to the files to run.

I then created a Dosbox folder with and icon.png in it and put it in the Data folder.

I took a file (any file will do, game, txt whatever) and renamed it All Games.Zip and put it in a Folder called Dos Games on my drive

So when I run mGalaxy runway I select Dosbox and then point to the Launchbox.exe and then point to the  Dos Games folder

So now when I run Mgalaxy.exe and select the dosbox emulator only one game shows up and it is called "All Games". When I click on that it says Launching Games and then opens Launchbox in Full Screen with all the Dos games I have actually previously installed with it shown and everything works great

Just in case anybody esle wants to load up Dosbox that way :o)