Author Topic: So is there a Mame screensaver on the Agenda ??  (Read 6341 times)

Aeliss

Re: So is there a Mame screensaver on the Agenda ??
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 04:29:09 AM »
I think Gens can be removed from mgalaxyrunaway, I m reading there is some fullscreen problem with it and I can't found working command line for it.

Personaly I m usinbg kega/fusion.

Make a try with Gens/GS it's a modified version that working perfectly without script > http://segaretro.org/Gens/GS

The 2 versions are in mGalaxyRunaway.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
mame videos are not hard to get. Go to emumovies.com and register and download their software. Point it at your Mame ROM folder and run the scan. You will get about 85% of the videos in good  quality.

Also do you have a good script for Gens, the one in the system.XML just loads the window of the emulator and that's it ??

Thanks .:-)

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »
In fact it's complicated, make a MaMe screen saver is realy easy, but IDK if users don't prefer a screensaver for the system used ATM, and a Multisystem screensaver ....
Using video is realy easy too, but the quality ......., and personaly I don't have video from game.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »
Well if you just leave the Mame emulator launched on a game, you just have the same demo over and over again. Don't need to have a screen saver that works for all emulators. Just have one so that if the Frontend/PC sits without being used  for 1-2 minutes then a random game from the Mame favorites file is launched, plays for a specified amount of time 1-2 minutes and then another is launched. This has been done on a couple of the other front ends. Provided the person leaves mGalaxy open so the screensaver Mame can start and run automaticallly

And before you ask me why I don't just use one of the other front ends then, I'll tell you why. Even though mGalaxy is missing a couple of things, I think it's the easiest and most sensible to run and really doesn't have any quirks and i'de like to see it go far. I've even said a few items would even be worth making a little donation for like the themes for $8. I'm not asking for this stuff to be done for free. :-)

Now I've bought a video screen saver that plays the sample Mame videos that I put in a folder and it works excellent actually BUT it doesn't have the Bezel around the game in the video of course and launching games directly from Mame would :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:21:17 PM by dashingw »

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:12:57 AM »
For screensaver, do you think video are better than real emulator launching ?

For MaMe, it's easy but for some somplicated emulators it could be realy processor intensive.

dashingw

• Email
So is there a Mame screensaver on the Agenda ??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
Maybe one that will play 30-60 seconds of each rom randomly from the favorites and still utilize the Bezels ??