Author Topic: SNAP issue  (Read 6572 times)

Aeliss

Re: SNAP issue
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »
Yep, using "standard" name for yours roms with official database is the easier way, and you can choose goodrom, tosec or nointro database, it s the same way. But you will see the snaps pack aren't complete, even with them you still have some work to do ^^.

pacifist87

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »
Hey there!

Thank you for your response. I ll try those tools out. Another thing I have just found is "goodtools" and it´s said to have a rename function that may compare the roms to the names inside a database. Maybe this is an appropiate solution. It´s astonishing how much you have to know in order to keep everything going smoothly :)   

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Good question ^^. I had same problem, and it take lot of time to rename all screenshoot, I prefer keep the same rom name and change snap name. The rom need to have exactly the same name than the snaps.

3 easy solutions I m using.
CKRename, you can use it to remove some character like Tags or years in all the folder in 1 click.
EmuMovies Download Service Utility, this one can download snaps and rename them exactly like the rom name.
Download special snaps pack made with rom name from database like tosec or nointro.

Some rom manager have option to rename rom without tag (never used them, I can't help you with that)

More complicated, you can use script, or special application made by other people with same problem, I have already see some of them but I haven't memorised their link ....

But noone of them are 100/100 effective, I spent lot of time to complete my snaps pack, with a script that search on google image, suggest a snap and waiting for a validation from me.

Just for information Amstrad have more than 8 000 rom and no complete pack (with the good name), you can imagine the work. I can understand your distress ^^.

pacifist87

• Email
SNAP issue
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »
Hello there!

Well I am not quite good with tech-stuff, so I am trying to figure out how to display the game screenshots in the game selection screen. I´ve set the snap path to a folder containing certain screenshots in PNG format but they won´t show up. I figure it is because of those rom file extensions in the name, but how to get this straight without changing it all manually (like (PD) (U))? I am sorry for this probably very noobish question. By the way, I truly love this front-end. Great job!