Author Topic: Controller mapping per-action  (Read 5459 times)

zolcos

Re: Controller mapping per-action
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
I don't follow (or understand) you!

If you set DPadLeft/DPadRight buttons to GoToPreviousEmulator/GoToNextEmulator action.
If you set (let's say) LeftTrigger to 'page up' and RightTrigger to 'page down'.

Those LeftTrigger/RightTrigger buttons will act as left/right direction buttons in all windows!!!
Yes, that's the problem. Say I map page up/down to right stick up and down. Navigating menus is still technically possible but very awkward.
If I could separately map "menu up/down/left/right" actions it would solve the issue

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Controller mapping per-action
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »
I don't follow (or understand) you!

If you set DPadLeft/DPadRight buttons to GoToPreviousEmulator/GoToNextEmulator action.
If you set (let's say) LeftTrigger to 'page up' and RightTrigger to 'page down'.

Those LeftTrigger/RightTrigger buttons will act as left/right direction buttons in all windows!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:35:05 AM by mgalaxy »

zolcos

Controller mapping per-action
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:37:23 PM »
Most programs with controller support allow for setting a button for each action you can do in the program. But mgalaxy only allows swapping buttons in terms of the default config.
Here's an example where it makes a difference:
up/down scrolls the game list while left/right pages.
I want to set it so left/right switches systems and I have some other buttons to page.
If I do that, then left/right navigation in menus doesn't work anymore. If I'm in the "exit yes/no" dialog, or the virtual keyboard of the search feature, left/right now do nothing and I have to press my other paging buttons to go left/right in the menu.