Author Topic: How about an option to do a trucated search?  (Read 8841 times)

andyc

• Email
Re: How about an option to do a trucated search?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
First of all Hi all, just found M Galaxy and it looks like just what i am after + it works fine in Vista.

Anyway you could make it a direct key input like in MCE or even by moving the joystick L/R to scroll through the letters and maybe game details in right pane.

Cheers well done.

Andy

Paratech

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »
Yes, I understand your concern...
Does having the option to call a big visual keypad on screen, moving in it with the joystick and selecting letters with one of the pushbuttons would be an acceptable idea or not?

Sounds fine...

Thank you.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »
Yes, I understand your concern...
Does having the option to call a big visual keypad on screen, moving in it with the joystick and selecting letters with one of the pushbuttons would be an acceptable idea or not?

Paratech

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:15:54 AM »
I must confess that the main idea behind mGalaxy was to do without keyboard and mouse ;)
Anyway...your wish will be taken in consideration in the next poll of course

Well the problem you get into is unless you're heavily dependant on 'favorites', you're going to be having "fun" going from game to game. Imagine trying to scroll to Super Street Fighter 2 *USA* or a similiar game? Jumping by letters still requires nearly twenty presses, and that only puts you at the beginning of the 'S' list, imagine how many more presses you'll need afterwards to get to the "Su" part on the list?

Heck I have '300' plus favorites in MAME32, and scrolling through them in 'fun'...

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »
I must confess that the main idea behind mGalaxy was to do without keyboard and mouse ;)
Anyway...your wish will be taken in consideration in the next poll of course

Paratech

• Email
How about an option to do a trucated search?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »
I's love to see a command that'd bring up a text box and allow the user to type a few characters and look up the first game that matched it in the list, it'd save scrolling to a specific point, for example sup or super to get to the first game that has sup or super in the list of games...