Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 5024 times)

ra226

• Email
Re: Wish list
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:54:11 PM »
I had assumed that x360ce was either on or off--I didn't realize it could only be run for mGalaxy.  I'll have to go give it a try.  That would be much better than I thought!

Aeliss

Re: Wish list
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
but it'll mean reconfiguring all my emulators and adds a layer of complexity

Not really, my first controller is a generic pad (thrustmaster), I have configured all my emulator with this one (X360 is only running if mGalaxy too). You need to configure x360 only 1 time (and put it in the same directory than mGalaxy) and after it s totally invisible.

I m using Xpadder too, but even Xpadder is configured to work with the generic, Xbox controller use Xinput and all the rest use rawinput or directinput so no compatibility problem.

ra226

• Email
Wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »
My wish list, starting with most desired

- Generic windows gamepad support.  Especially now that mGalaxy supports multiple emulators, there will be more and more people using it as a front end to their emulators and not necessarily installed in a cabinet.  I know it would be a big job, but this is the only major thing I feel is "missing" from mGalaxy.  I will try x360ce, but it'll mean reconfiguring all my emulators and adds a layer of complexity.

- A more detailed user guide on the website--the support page is a good start, but it needs "advanced" section which gives details on editing the XML files, Notes.rtf, history.dat, changing the sound effects... all those technical details that let you really customize it exactly how you like it.  The information is in the forum, I'd just like to see it centralized all in one convenient place on the website.

- Make it portable (I already see there's a forum post on this so consider this a "me too!" vote)

- Not having to install DirectX 9.  I know, that's probably a major re-write, but hey, it's a wish list, right? :)

- Windows 8 tile icon

- BMP support for screenshots.  In particular, I don't think KEGA Fusion can natively create PNG's

- In Runway, change selection boxes from a glowing box to something with a little more contrast like a glowing check mark or X

I will say that part of what makes mGalaxy great is that it's not cluttered up by trying to incorporate every little "good idea" that comes along.  Thanks again for a clean, nice looking, and functional app!