Author Topic: mGalaxy freezes on video preview after returning from emulators  (Read 5204 times)

Solid One

mGalaxy freezes on video preview after returning from emulators
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
I'm getting an annoying issue that freezes mGalaxy on my PC.

Let me describe my issue. I have a lot of SNES and Genesis roms, and I've downloaded a lot of game snaps (image and video) from Emumovies. All images are on PNG format, and all videos are in MP4 (240p quality).

After fetching all these files from Emumovies' database (which is awesome, BTW), I've configured mGalaxy to show both image and video snaps for each of my games. The result was really beautiful and eyecandy.

My issue starts here: If I open a game during video snap playback, mGalaxy freezes after returning from the emulator. Sometimes it won't freeze soon after exiting from emu, but it'll suppress all mGalaxy interface sounds and avoid video previews' playback, and any attempt to close mGalaxy will result at freezing, forcing me to close the program from Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and closing the process.

The issue is happening only if I video preview is active. When disabled, everything works.

I'm using mGalaxy v5.2, with ZSNES 1.51, Snes9x 1.53, Kega Fusion 3.64 and Gens/GS r7. This issue is happening on all these emulators. My SO is Windows 7, fully updated from a month ago. I have latest Windows Media Player, but I haven't installed any codecs since all my MP4 video snaps can be played just fine from WMP.

Assuming this is a real bug that needs to be addressed, is there any workaround to solving this? Maybe encoding video to another format or forcing video playback through software?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:13:10 AM by Solid One »