Author Topic: n00b - mGalaxy crashes, blue screen of death  (Read 5679 times)

steve8091

Re: n00b - mGalaxy crashes, blue screen of death
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »
I uninstalled and reinstalled into the Program Files default directory per your suggestion, and had the same crash.  There are no 'error' events associated with the crash in either "application" or "system".  Thoughts?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »
Would you please move the mGalaxy application folder to 'Program Files' and see it you still encounter the same problem?

Event Viewer: you should be looking into 'Windows Log > Application', see if there's an 'Error' icon then see if it's related to mGalaxy and, if it's the case, copy/paste the 'Details' here!

steve8091

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:38:57 AM »
Wow - thanks for the quick reply!

I don't completely understand the first question, but I installed mGalaxy to a custom folder: c:\mame\mame\mGalaxy\

I am running DirectX 9.0 and WMP 11.0.

I did disable the database, and it still crashed.

What sort of error should I be looking for, and Should I be looking in "System" or "Application", and what sort of error should I be looking for?

Many thanks for the help!!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:26 AM »
- Did you a default (data in users/appdata.roaming/mGalaxy folder) or custom (data in mGalaxy application folder) install?
- Do you have DirectX and WindowsMediaPlayer installed?
- Are you using a database? If so, could you try disabling it in mGalaxy_Runway?
- Could you try to get further information using the 'Event Viewer'?
http://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:00:27 AM by mgalaxy »

steve8091

n00b - mGalaxy crashes, blue screen of death
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I just installed mGalaxy and followed the step-by-step MAME tutorial 3 here: http://www.mgalaxy.com/tutorial_mGalaxy.html

When I actually run mGalaxy, however, I get a blue screen of death.

I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, and my MAME (0.149) setup works fine on its own.  Any ideas?  I'm really bummed...I love the front end and would be thrilled to get it working.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:30:48 PM by steve8091 »