Author Topic: 5.2 Runway size issues  (Read 7019 times)

notbillcosby

Re: 5.2 Runway size issues
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Again, I've figured out how to navigate the Runway via tabs, so that is no longer an issue. The issues I'm more concerned with now are the in-program menus and stuff that I pictured above. I guess I should start a new thread.

I'd STILL love it if the MGalaxy Runway software was laid out like the 4.x version, which I could see all of! The new one is cut off by the top of the screen as well as its own window border, and *that* is the part that is extra frustrating. I can't move the window to see the stuff if it's the window itself that cuts it off.

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
You can't change the resolution just time to configure all, and return to the previous resolution ?
I have tried all the shortcuts I know and none have worked, sorry.

notbillcosby

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
Yeah, my "first computer" is a mac though  :/
I figured out how to tab over to the non-visible save button and hit enter.

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »
Lol, lot of problems, I can't answer for resolution problem but :

Yep there is a "save button", but you can configure the frontend on your "first computer" and copy the file on the "arcade box" with the lower resolution, I make like this too because my "arcade box" havent keyboard on it.

Keys are configurables too in Runaway. And there is some modification since the 4.0 version.

For the rom name problem, check the option "use datafile" on RunAway and of course make the database.

notbillcosby

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »
Update update. I figured out how to get the database going again, so I got my favorites list back! Here's some screenshots of parts of mGalaxy that look fine, like the main screen and the keyboard popup, and parts of mGalaxy that look completely wrong, like the Most Played Games (which has done this for me since version 3.x) and the Filters popup that's cutting off huge chunks of.

notbillcosby

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »
Alright, so I think the reason my favorites only show Frogger and Levers is because mGalaxy isn't displaying the name of the games, just the name of the actual rom files. So searching for "Donkey" doesn't find anything, because it's listed as "dkong". Why's this happening?

notbillcosby

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:48:33 PM »
Are there keyboard shortcuts I can use to save? I can't find any that obviously work. Somehow I did get it to save at least the path to MAME at one point, but when running 5.2 it acts strangely. My favorites don't show up anymore (copied my old favorites.ini file from version 4), buttons seem to register when both being depressed and released (example: Pressing button 1 adds a game to favorites, releasing button 1 un-favorites it), and the quit window is oddly wide and runs off the left of the screen.

Does it have anything to do with Direct X? When installing 5.2 it usually said I had an equivalent Direct X installed so it didn't put anything on...

notbillcosby

5.2 Runway size issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
The Runway is far too tall for my 640x480 display on my arcade cabinet. I have to hit Alt and select Move to get the top of the screen within a visible range... but a bigger problem is that I don't see any "save" button anywhere. When I click the X in the upper right corner it doesn't seem to auto-save any of my settings, so I'm assuming there's a save button that's missing, possibly cut off by the bottom of the Runway window. Is there a way to reset the size of this window to run on my lower res monitor? Has anyone else had this issue? The Runway for 4.x worked fine for me.