Author Topic: Two mgalaxy setups, one medias/roms folder  (Read 5719 times)

Nocta

Re: Two mgalaxy setups, one medias/roms folder
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Hummm confused... Sorry I just realized that you are right and it's working out of the box... Sorry I still don't get my own point.  :o

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:07:58 AM »
Yes that's what I've done but then you cannot share the save states and it takes some gigaoctet for nothing, I was more the idea of really sharing the roms and medias between the two installations...
I'm not sure to understand! If you copy/paste the mGalaxy folder, so having a (renamed) "mGalaxy_15KHz" and "mGalaxy_31KHz" folder, you won't have to duplicate the roms/snaps/video folders!!
mGalaxy will have path to those folders...that's the only thing needed!

Nocta

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
Yes that's what I've done but then you cannot share the save states and it takes some gigaoctet for nothing, I was more the idea of really sharing the roms and medias between the two installations...

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
I think is still possible with the actual version, It s a portable version so you can install 1 version and just make a copy/paste with the complete folder.

Nocta

Two mgalaxy setups, one medias/roms folder
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:30:25 AM »
Hi, I'm using two different setups of emulators (one for 15khz old screens and one for 31khz LCDs) and so I was thinking of using two mgalaxy setups (one for each) but I'd like to share the medias (roms, snap, videos & databases) between the two of them, is that possible?

Thanks.
Nocta