Author Topic: nplayers.ini support for all system.  (Read 6712 times)

Aeliss

Re: nplayers.ini support for all system.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »
Nice, ^^, so no problem for me. Making the database isn't a problem but I wanted to be sure mGalaxy can use my infos.

It s just because I haven't tried that before, making a database with player number need some work and I don't want to spend my time for nothing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:30:43 PM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: nplayers.ini support for all system.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »
Hi Aeliss,

First a summary for everyone:

Generating a database for Mame will INDEED need the catver.ini & nplayers.ini files to be present in the MAME folder to populate the database entirely.
For all other systems, generating a database from mGalaxy_Runway will simply populate the name and description (which will be the same) from a folder content...but the clone, genre and nplayers tags are still present in the so generated database. It's then up to you to fill it by yourself.

Next, if "Use database if available" is checked in mGalaxy_Runway, the info contained in each tags will be read (for Mame or any other system) and used...if present. So, you'll be able to use the different filtering option in mGalaxy to filter on genre, players, hide clone,... for every systems!!

Concerning your question:
If I understand you well, you've a file built the same way than nplayers.ini...and you would like to use it while generating the database? Is that correct?
Send me a personal message to see what we can do, please!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:23:16 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

nplayers.ini support for all system.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »
I have found a way to make database with players numbers for all my systems, but if I remember It works only for MaMe with the nplayers.ini file no ?