Author Topic: VisualboyAdvanced not working?..  (Read 12620 times)

Graphicsgod

• Email
Re: VisualboyAdvanced not working?..
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
No Just my MAME ROMs are zipped. My other EMUs they are unzipped. Most of my front ends work either way, so I figured that since the other ones were working fine, I thought it was something else causing an issue. But yeah, that little XML file was my headache for the last two or so weeks :S! Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update..

BTW, I tried out SSF on my Zotac MB mini gaming rig, and it runs worse than on my laptop with integrated Intel graphics. So I might have to look for a new more powerful MB. I've seen some that even use I7 processors, so that might be something to look into.. My only issue is heat and size ;)!

Aeliss

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 03:07:37 AM »
???
I don't understand, on your video, your roms are in zip format, so It can't be the problem, only no$gba need rom at .gba format.
And if your rom are in gba format and mGalaxy configured for zip you can't see roms in rom list.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:09:58 AM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
Now,.. the million dollar question.. How do you get Mgalaxy to load the ISO and not the CUE file of the ROM?!?

Open the "Systems.xml" file (which is in the "Data" folder), find the "Sega Saturn" system and modify this line:
<Extensions>.cue</Extensions>
into
<Extensions>.iso</Extensions>

Thank you!! This bit of information has gotten my problems taken care of!! Both the Saturn and GBA EMU now work! You put the extension for all the other EMUs, except for GBA! It just had ZIP, not ZIP and GBA extensions. Now everything works. I thought that was weird since all my other EMUs (minus MAME) are unzipped in the ROM folders. LOL that's so crazy this one file was causing all my headaches ;)!

Aeliss

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
I have made a ligth version that work on USB key. Complete folder with mGalaxy, emul and 1 rom.

By defaut It use the script, so you will have a message but the emul don't launch. You can change that in the configurator, just uncheck "use script".

If this archive don't work, please try it on another computer.

http://www.multiupload.nl/UP5SO6KUTQ

Just remeber to change path in configurator.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:08:30 AM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »
I don't understand. I have made same folder than you, rename my files like yours, use the same datafile than you and still no problem for me !

Your mGalaxy version don't load script too, and that isn't normal.

You have same bug in all drives ? Try with your USB key like the previous time.

Copied the files to a flash drive, no change :(.

Upload your version of Mgalaxy so I can download it, and we'll see if that changes things..

Aeliss

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »
I don't understand. I have made same folder than you, rename my files like yours, use the same datafile than you and still no problem for me !

Your mGalaxy version don't load script too, and that isn't normal.

You have same bug in all drives ? Try with your USB key like the previous time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:04:07 PM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »

"nothing happened" ?? Not possible, in all case you will have a message box.

Yeepp!! Nothing happens.

Have you extract the file ? You will have a file called "mGalaxy_Script.exe" in the same folder than "VisualBoyAdvance.exe" and if you check the option "use script (if available)" the emul can't run, you are forced to have a message.

Yep and yep.

If you make a right click on "mGalaxy.exe" to see it s properties, in "details" the version is 5.0.0.0 ?

Yeppers!

Watch video below.. I swear that I'm not lying to you.

http://youtu.be/Z9439FAbwH0

The part where the video goes black, is where I am playing a MAME game. For some odd reason Camstudio can't record full screen gaming.

Aeliss

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
"nothing happened" ?? Not possible, in all case you will have a message box.

Have you extract the file ? You will have a file called "mGalaxy_Script.exe" in the same folder than "VisualBoyAdvance.exe" and if you check the option "use script (if available)" the emul can't run, you are forced to have a message.

If you make a right click on "mGalaxy.exe" to see it s properties, in "details" the version is 5.0.0.0 ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:58:04 AM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »
I can see that you're using a database with this system.
Where does it come from?...and more important: does the name tag correspond to you rom name?

In your example it appears that the description is "Zelda: The Minish Cap".
What's the name of the rom?...and is it the the same name that is used under the "name" tag in your database?

To be sure, can you please test WITHOUT using database (thus unchecking "Use database..." in mGalaxy_Runway)

A. The "Database" I thought was the information stored on the "XML" files. Disabling it or enabling it doesn't appear to change anything.

B. Yes that is correct. The name of the ROM is correct in the XML file. It's been working fine in my other EMUs, why this one is acting up?

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dbase name="Nintendo GBA" version="1.0">

<game name="Zelda - The Minish Cap" cloneof="">
    <description>Zelda: The Minish Cap</description>
    <genre />
    <players />
  </game>
</dbase>

C. I tried unchecking "Use Database file", and unchecking "Use script file".. both options do nothing. Mgalaxy just sits there when it comes to Visualboy Advanced.

Quote from: mgalaxy
Try to put this file in the same directory than VirtualBoyAdvance, and check "use script (if available)" in the configurator.
This file is a false script, it don't lod the game but show the command use by mGalaxy.

http://www.multiupload.nl/Y99JLXQOAW

Yeah tried it, nothing happened. Thanks for trying Aeliss!!

Aeliss

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
Try to put this file in the same directory than VirtualBoyAdvance, and check "use script (if available)" in the configurator.
This file is a false script, it don't lod the game but show the command use by mGalaxy.

http://www.multiupload.nl/Y99JLXQOAW

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »
I can see that you're using a database with this system.
Where does it come from?...and more important: does the name tag correspond to you rom name?

In your example it appears that the description is "Zelda: The Minish Cap".
What's the name of the rom?...and is it the the same name that is used under the "name" tag in your database?

To be sure, can you please test WITHOUT using database (thus unchecking "Use database..." in mGalaxy_Runway)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:14:02 AM by mgalaxy »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »
Check this video for what is going on, see if you can spot what's wrong..

http://youtu.be/83lP5neXCdE

And an image of my settings..

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
You don't have scripts in the emulator folder ?
You don't have subdirectories in Roms folder ?

No and no.

Tried the batch file, worked fine. Loaded up Visualboy Advanced and the game started playing. With Mgalaxy, it just sits there.

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
You don't have scripts in the emulator folder ?
You don't have subdirectories in Roms folder ?

Try with a bat file

Test.bat

Code: [Select]
"F:\VisualBoyAdvance\VisualBoyAdvance.exe" "F:\VisualBoyAdvance\Roms\Name of rom.gba"
When you select a rom, mGalaxy stop the music during 1 s or there is really no changes ?

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
This is how I have it setup on my laptop using a thumb drive. Otherwise the directories are in "C:/Program Files/Games/Mgalaxy/EMU/" and is very similar on my gaming system. For some reason mgalaxy just wont load the games.