Author Topic: How to use game controller with mGalaxy?  (Read 12278 times)

Aeliss

Re: How to use game controller with mGalaxy?
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Lol, with the last one. http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
You just have to put the file in the same directory, clik the executable, config your joypad (and it s work for ALL pads), close the app and it s finish.
After you just need to clik on mGalaxy, you listen a "beep" to say the wrapper working and all is invisible. No differences for you.

5 years I use this utility for all games that use only 360, with 4/5 genrerics joypads and I never found a bug.

Less than 1M size, portable, no modifications in system, no installation, friendly interface.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:00:38 PM by Aeliss »

Tapper

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
Only 360 control support... oh. Well, that sucks. Will have to find another FE then. Thanks for the info.

davhuit

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
mGalaxy have built-in controller support but only for the XBOX 360 controller right now (the most used one on PC since a few years ago for PC games).

Motionjoy is mainly for PS3 controllers but also support some other controllers.

From the changelog of one of the last version, for example :

Added PS2 controller support, need a converter like http://www.gameaccy.com/ps2-to-ps3-pc-controller-convertor

If that still don't work, you might want to try : http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/ (which is an XBOX 360 controller emulator).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:02:15 PM by davhuit »

Tapper

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »
Thanks. So mGalaxy doesn't have built-in controller support? Confused -- what is the Controller menu for in the runway?

Also, motionjoy is for using wireless Sony pads. I'm not using those -- I have Playstation 2 arcade sticks hooked up through a PS2->USB adapter. Windows sees them as dual controllers. They work flawlessly on everything, except apparently mGalaxy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:32:28 PM by Tapper »

davhuit

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
Use motionjoy? It can emulate a 360 controller flawlessly.

You might need to reconfig your emulators after, with that new configuration, though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:07:54 PM by davhuit »

Tapper

How to use game controller with mGalaxy?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
Hey everyone. Just trying mGalaxy out today (newest version 5), and it's very nice, but I'm having a big problem.

I use 2 PS2 arcade sticks via adapter with my computer for MAME. They work perfectly. No problem in MAME, other emulators, PC games, and even MAME32's GUI.

But mGalaxy doesn't seem to see them. I used runway, and went to Controller. Tried to change mapping by pressing buttons etc. but nothing changed at all. Keyboard works fine, but mGalaxy just doesn't seem to see my game controllers.

Please help. Thank you.