Author Topic: Useful application for snaps and others medias  (Read 7139 times)

Solid One

Re: Useful application for snaps and others medias
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
I didn't had to rename any snaps obtained by EmuMovies DSU. Everything was named exactly as the rom filenames.

However, it will find snaps for romhacks only if there is something on filename that suggests the hack is based on a real game.

The examples below explain this. Let's assume you have three SNES roms:

Code: [Select]
"C:\Emulators\SNES\Roms\Super Mario World.smc"
"C:\Emulators\SNES\Roms\Super Mario World - Kaizo Mario 2 (Hack).smc"
"C:\Emulators\SNES\Roms\Brutal Mario (Hack).smc"

The first rom is original, and the other ones are hacks. Emumovies DSU's search will be able to return only snaps for the first and second rom, because there's the phrase "Super Mario World" on both filenames. However, the last one probably won't get any snaps, because EmuMovies won't return any results from "Brutal Mario".

At least, for the Roms that EmuMovies didn't return any results, you can always provide custom images. All you need to do is create a new image with the exact filename of the romhack.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:56:06 PM by Solid One »

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »
Yep, this tool isn't perfect at all, even if you use officials roms from officials databases, you won't have all your snaps.

I use this tool, to have a starting point. After I use google to find snaps pack uploaded by fan, but I need to rename the files, and for the last I use google image with a script to download all the snaps I miss one by one (Lot of work)

Solid One

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
Very interesting. I really enjoyed mGalaxy. It's very easy to configure emulators and start playing. I'm having issues about getting snaps for my SNES games, and I believed I'd have to manually download images... until I found this topic. I'll test it later.

BTW, I have a few questions about how EmuMovies DSU works. I assume this program works by doing searches on EmuMovies Database, using rom file names as search parameters. For official games, It's okay, but what about unofficial games such as the infamous "Sonic 4" based on a Speedy Gonzales game? Or what about romhacks, such as Super Mario World ones containing new levels?

If I assume that there's no info about romhacks or unofficial games, then it's safe to conclude that no info will be returned about these games, right? Being that the case, can I at least provide custom images for these games?

Aeliss

Useful application for snaps and others medias
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/files/file/321-emumovies-dsu/

From EmuMovies site.

To resume, just set your rom path, your system, and the application download all the snaps/video/Banner/ect .. that it can found on the base. And rename it according to your rom name.