Author Topic: Note.rtf examples and ideas  (Read 28252 times)

Graphicsgod

• Email
Re: Note.rtf examples and ideas
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
Here is how it looks on my side.. If this helps.

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »
Yeah I did all that, yet when I go into Mgalxy, it tries to load it then does nothing. Does the script file need to be compiled into an EXE? And I point Mgalaxy to the script, not the EXE right?

As for the crashing, it's random. Some times it crashes four or so times before it loads, other times it crashes if the game is idling and I just let it sit there. Some times it just works fine and no crashes.

Aeliss

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »
Are you using real Cd drive or DTlite ? You have the same crash on all game ?

To make it working with mgalaxy.

1 - Dl ssf 0.12 beta R4
2 - DL and instal Daemontool lite (the light version)
3 - Configure Daemontool (I use DT driver not the SCSI one, lighter for system but not always compatible in some rare case)
4 - Configure SFF, (check the Cd drive)
5 -  Dl and extract this script in the same folder than ssf.exe and ssfa.exe  http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=436.0
6 - configure SFF in the configurator like usual (select in the combo "SSF (script + DTlite)"
7 - In the configurator check "use scrip file (if available)"

Remember to use the CUE file never the ISO or BIN one, for the rom.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:34:00 AM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 02:02:10 AM »
And how do you make SSF work with Mgalaxy??! There is no guide on how to set it up?

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »
SSF is decent, but the fact it has to be "tricked" into running ISOs, and it constantly crashes (the longest I got it to run without crashing is 20 min.) makes it just as unplayable as the others :(. If someone could fix it or make a better, that would be great!!

Aeliss

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
mGalaxy can work with all emulators even this one that don't have command line (but it s harder ^^)

Try SSF for sega saturn, you need to install daemontool little (not the full version) first because it don't work with image, but it s really better than yabause. I have a 6 month old computer and Yabause still don't work at full speed in opengl mode (Have you tried in the software mode ?)

Yabause have better quality image in openGL mode (but too much graphic glitch), SFF work only with native saturn resolution.

To make SSF work with mGalaxy use this script  http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=436.0

There is satourne too, but no comparaison possible with SFF.

I haven't tried the wiimote with saturn yet, ATM I m adapting the Amstrad system (computer system :( )for mGalaxy, but my next objective is making wiimote working for atomicwave system.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:30:55 PM by Aeliss »

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:22:04 AM »
I'm using Yabause, which I believe is the only one supported by the Mgalaxy. I have tried others and they all run like shit as well :(. Which is confusing no one has created a better EMU for Saturn.. If you know of one that runs as good as the Playstation 1 EMUs, please let me know!!

Yeah I have used "Glovepie". So far I haven't tried the Wii-mote on anything other than the Wii EMU. Maybe if I do the "Zapper Mod", I might set it up for other systems! I wish the Saturn EMU worked better, since it had all the best "shooter games".

Aeliss

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 04:38:21 AM »
Wich one saturn emu are you using ?

With glovepie you can use wiimote with all other system, I use it with mame ATM (duck hunt from nes), but for me with infraRed it s not the same feeling. You need a crosshair to play because it s not 100% accurate.

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 11:15:57 PM »
Sorry if you downloaded the old link, but I just noticed a few errors and I fixed them. Should be better this time.

Download

As for the Lightgun, it will work fine as long as you have an infrared light source. You can purchase one that works for the Wii that is cordless and just uses batteries. Which will allow you to use the Wii-mote on any video source, just like you would a Wii.

I have done this already with a Wii EMU. The EMU works great if you have a REALLY good PC!! Otherwise it will be too slow. So on my gaming desktop it works fine. But my mini PC, not so much. I also wish my Saturn EMU ran better as well, but that's more of an issue of the EMU than hardware. Since it acts just as bad on my gaming PC. But that's neither here nor there..

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 04:47:44 AM »
Yep, I can't recover the same feeling than the nes lightgun ATM. Take a look here http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=349.msg1097#msg1097 use a wiimote work nice but it s not the same, lightgun don't work on lcd display without a vgabox but this system isn't developped. 90% of the lightgun system are the same than the wiimote atm.

Your "minicade" is terrific ^^. I love this kind of modding.

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
1. Your welcome, I try to give back where I can..

2. Well right now I don't have a cabinet, I wish I did!! My wife wont let me right now due to financial reasons :(. So I have a "mini-cade" for all my EMU gaming. It's basicly an old NES converted to a PC, just to run EMUs.

Here is a link to a slide-show of my setup. I have two controllers for use with it. A Xbox 360 corded controller and a MK fight stick. Depending what I am playing, I choose the controller..

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/graphicsgod/slideshow/NES%20HTPC%20Project

The controls you see for the MAME EMU, is to cover mostly everything you would see on a REAL cabinet and then converted over to Xbox 360 controls. I don't have a steering wheel setup or anything like that. Just those two controllers for gaming.

3. As far as Light gun, I'm working on that...

There are options you can buy, but will set you back $100+, and they sadly don't sell them anymore for PCs. The other option, which I hope to do next, is to take an old NES Zapper and stick a Wii-mote into it and make it work with the PC. Since there are programs to make the Wii-mote replace your mouse. So it would be basically like clicking on the guys on the screen, but have the same feeling as a light gun. If that makes sense..

digital.arts

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 04:56:39 AM »
Hi,
@Graphicsgod:   I LOVE YOU !!! ;) ;) ;)
this amazing work keeps me away from a lot of work doing myself. EXCELENT and many THANKS !!

btw... do you have an encoder, like MINIPAC for Arcadecontrols ?
How do you connected (which of your Buttons LP,LK,HP...) to which Minipac-Button ?
What kind of Gas / Brake do you have ? 
How do you emulate Lightgun ? With Mouse ?
How do you emulate Trackball ? With Mouse ?
How do you emulate Steering Wheel ?

Sorry for my questions, but i am planing a MAME-Cabinet and this are open questions for me...

best regards

Digital

Graphicsgod

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 01:26:53 AM »
Here is some of mine, converted to English using a Xbox 360 controller.

Included:

Atari Jaguar
MAME
NEC PC Engine
Microsoft (XBMC only)*updated*
Nintendo 64
GBA
NES
SNES
Sega Master Sysytem *updated*
Sega (All 16-bit)
Sega Saturn
PSX

Unzip inside the "DATA" folder, enjoy.

Download
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:19:13 PM by Graphicsgod »

davhuit

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
Updated the first message with a lot of other systems.

I might rework the images later but for now, I'm keeping a white background because the tests I done to remove it (transparency) didn't gave me very good results.

And once I'll be done with all the systems I used, I'll put a single archive with everything in it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:12:25 PM by davhuit »

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »
Nice files, I m really fan of this new feature.