Author Topic: Random feature  (Read 5645 times)

davhuit

Re: Random feature
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
Wow  :D

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »
Yes davhuit !! :-)

davhuit

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
(...) that it will be part of the next mGalaxy version to be released in about a week or two!

So, if my calculations are correct, next version during the 7 next days ?  ;)

davhuit

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »
Sorry :D As no one answered about that, dunno if it was because no one was interested or if it was just that no one was noticing my messages, which is why I made that thread.

Seems okay for the non-launch, might be useful if it's a game someone already known/played and so you can reload a random without quitting the game.

Now it's the perfect front-end for me :)

I will get a new supporter version when it'll be released, as promised ;)

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:12:48 PM by davhuit »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:51:02 PM »
davhuit,
Due to your "massive" ;-) request for this function, those last days...I've worked on it this afternoon and it's my pleasure to announce you that it will be part of the next mGalaxy version to be released in about a week or two!
The function actually gets you to a random place in the list but doesn't launch the game...you still have the choice to launch it or not!
Is it ok for you?

davhuit

Random feature
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »
I decided to create it's own thread to see if I'm the only one interested by that or if there are other peoples interested in it as well.

It would be a random function (R key?) which would select a random game in the selected emulator and run it, like in the other front-ends.

What is the use of such a function? To discover new games. When some systems have more/less 1000 games, you often play to the games you already know and rarely go through the 1000 games to see which one can be interesting.

With such a function, you will be able to discover some new and interesting games you might never have discovered without it.

So, do some other peoeples are interested about such a function? (If yes, feel free to answer to the thread  ;))

Personally, I know it's the last function that interest me and that isn't in mGalaxy yet (controller support is another, but mGalaxy said it's already in the next version to come so it's already okay for that one), and I'm ready to get a new supporter version (though I already have one) once the new release is out if it can help to have this function in it   :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:29:07 PM by davhuit »