Author Topic: Potential bug ?  (Read 10603 times)

Aeliss

Re: Potential bug ?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:01 PM »
ha yep, good idea, thx.

davhuit

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
If you search some images for the controller, xpadder have a lot of them.

Aeliss

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
The rtf file was made with wordpad (and notepad because wordpad don't make table)
I think it s the picture that is too big. But was just a try, not a final version.

This file have 600k (really big) size and still no bugs ATM.

I will search a better picture on google later, or if someone have one .... (drawing is better than photo for me)

davhuit

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
Thanks, it no longer crash now :)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 06:18:11 AM »
But if you press the "RB" button, which display the favorites, and that you favorite list is empty, if you then press "LB", mGalaxy crash
This is corrected. For your convenience backup the data folder to somewhere else then install again and replace the data folder with the one you backed up, that way you won't loose your personal data!

Atm I have just make a file with a joypad picture and caption, but there is enought place to put tips for the emulator.
Just a remark there. As far as possible, try to generate your .rtf document with WordPad, or copy/paste from Word to WordPad. The code generated is lighter!
I give you this tip in case you plan to make larger RTF files, so that mGalaxy won't be impacted by it!

Aeliss

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 05:22:04 AM »
You are really a fantastic beta tester ^^.

I m trying the last version since yesterday and still no bug, just somes remarks.

I think the more usufull new feature is the info windows, too much  possibilities with that. Atm I have just make a file with a joypad picture and caption, but there is enought place to put tips for the emulator.

davhuit

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »
I started to test the 5.0 version and here's what I found :

If you press "RB" (Right Shoulder), it toogle the "Show favorites on/off" which is okay (same with the "5" key).

If you press "LB" (Left Shoulder), it add a favorite to the game, which is also fine (same with the "Left-CTRL" key).

But if you press the "RB" button, which display the favorites, and that you favorite list is empty, if you then press "LB", mGalaxy crash (but weird because if you press "Left-Ctrl", which also add a favorite, it don't crash. Only the gamepad shortcut crash mGalaxy).

Of course, if your favorites list isn't empty, it don't crash, but it should rather do nothing if the list is empty than crashing, right?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:26:33 PM by davhuit »

davhuit

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
Yeah, works fine with the new version :)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
Yep, you did something wrong  ;)
This is because you're using a v4.2 beta version with a theme not updated to this version.
I've emailed you the compatible theme!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:19:52 AM by mgalaxy »

davhuit

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
Is this thing a "real" bug or am I a, unlucky guy ?  :D

In the 4.2 (beta) version, when I install my "Red Geo" theme, it has a graphic bug in "mGalaxy_runaway", as seen in "mg-03.jpg" attached to this message.

And then, once the "Red Geo" theme is selected, "mGalaxy" crash, as seen in "mg-04".jpg" attached to this message.

If I switch back to the default theme in "mGalaxy_runaway", "mGalaxy" work again.

davhuit

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:58:43 AM »
I redid a proper install, and I took this opportunity to install the 4.2 beta you linked in another thread.

I renamed the "Nec SuperGraph" folder and added my other systems and it's not happening anymore so dunno what happened (if it's related to the previous version or not, or something else).

davhuit

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »
That's not a problem with the 'systems.xml' file: this file looks correct...and mGalaxy_Runway won't NEVER try to use a folder which isn't listed in this 'systems.xml'

I think that the problem might come from the last system played in mGalaxy.

I can see in you 'systems.xml' file that the Emulator > Settings > Current value is set to '13'
Count the systems in your 'systems.xml' file from the beginning.
The index is zero based, that mean that you start to count from 0:

Result: NEC PC-Engine CD-ROM

So this number should reflect the number of systems in the xml and so I need to change it to avoid this effect?

You don't speak to me about that other folder in your mail!

The mail wasn't about that at all (I discovered that thing later after the email), it was to have precisions about what you would require for the beta-test, to see if I had the capacity to help depending of what you need.

Is there an icon inside?

Inside which directory?

The one mGalaxy recreate at each start (NEC SuperGrafx) even if I remove it? Yes. mGalaxy put the original icon when it recreate the folder.

If you mean the "NEC PC-Engine CD-ROM" directory, yeah, there's an icon, the one I attached to this message.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »
That's not a problem with the 'systems.xml' file: this file looks correct...and mGalaxy_Runway won't NEVER try to use a folder which isn't listed in this 'systems.xml'

I think that the problem might come from the last system played in mGalaxy.

I can see in you 'systems.xml' file that the Emulator > Settings > Current value is set to '13'
Count the systems in your 'systems.xml' file from the beginning.
The index is zero based, that mean that you start to count from 0:

Result: NEC PC-Engine CD-ROM

You don't speak to me about that other folder in your mail! Is there an icon inside?

davhuit

Potential bug ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
I dunno if I found a bug or if I did something wrong, but I noticed the following.

First, I attached my actual .xml file, if necessary (as well as some screenshots to see the list of my directories, and such).

I renamed "NEC SuperGrafx" in "NEC PC-Engine" in the xml (between <name></name>) and so did the same for the directory.

However, I still have a "NEC SuperGrafx" directory in "\User\Application Data\mGalaxy\" and if I remove it, mGalaxy don't run anymore and say me it need, at least, one configurated emulator to run (so it seems to ignore all the settings I choose when I delete/rename this directory. It also recreate a directory with the same name (Nec SuperGrafx) and with the icon file if there is none, though my xml don't have any mention of that folder anymore.

And so, it erase all the settings in the xml (fortunately, I had done a backup of the whole directory once all my settings were done  :)).

So, the question are :

- Why does it still need this directory if there isn't anything related to it anymore in the xml file? (It's not a problem for me to leave this directory, but if it's a real bug, I thought it would be nice to report it).

- Even if this directory was required for any reason, why does it erase all the settings in the xml file when the directory is not found during the startup?

If you need any more details, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:22:50 PM by davhuit »