Author Topic: Multiple file extension filter  (Read 5553 times)

Aeliss

Re: Multiple file extension filter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
Yeah I m agree, but not possible every time, for dreamcast CDI and GDI are not the same thing but it s the same emulator. I have an amstrad emulator wich run disk (.DSK) and cartridge (.CPR) and some amstrad emulator don't support zip format (from my memory).
My amiga emulator run ADF, but there is a possibility for big game to use direclty the whdload format.

obviously, It s not a priority because we can rename/zip or use 2 systems (1 for gdi and 1 for cdi), there are others priorities where we can do nothing, but I think It will be something usefull in the future.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:06:23 PM by Aeliss »

davhuit

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
For CD-Games, when it's possible, I converted all of them to the same format personally, .bin/.cue and choose to only display .cue files in mGalaxy.

That's way, I don't have "duplicates games" in the list.

For the other emulators, my roms always use the same extension (no-intro sets for most of them) but I zipped all of them anyway, so I choose the .zip extension for near all the emulators.

citizengodden

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
Just read this one after a long time not visiting mgalaxy.com due to the norm - family - kids - summer holidays.. They all seem to be getting in the way of my retro gaming!!

This is a feature that I have been wondering why it wasn't in the program personally, although from a programming point of view I can imagine it could be a nightmare re-writing all that code. I should have mentioned it a month ago but for some reason the brain didn't engage!! After all - your emulator supports many different file formats so it would make sense that the front-end should too.

Personally, I just zip all of my ROMs and change MGalaxy's config accordingly.. This is a good work around, but of course native support would be really nice!!
It's not easy being green.

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
Yeah , and it s worse with dreamcast rom, CDI and GDI, not the same method to launch them and not possible to convert them.

GuZzO

Multiple file extension filter
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:50:22 AM »
Hello everybody !
First of all, i would like to thank you for the great job you've done!!

Here is my wishlist :
- In the mGalaxy setup, you should allow multiple extension filter. For example, in the Mega-cd, you can only choose one file extension but roms are available in differents formats (.bin or .iso). The same for Genesis available in .bin or .smd. So instead of a pick list, you should let us decide of all the formats we want separated by a comma.

Am i clear ?
Thanks in advance!

GuZzO