Author Topic: change gamelist?  (Read 9691 times)

jeff

Re: change gamelist?
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:35 AM »
Most definately.....

Currently working on building my cabinet, and have the software on my desktop and my laptop for backup purposes, so screwing up one wouldn't effect the other...

Let me know.

Jeff

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:29:32 AM »
First, I'd like to agree that mGalaxy is a VERY cool frontend for version 1.   Can't wait for 2.0!!!    Need Beta testers?!?!?!?
Thanks very much, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Yes!! Why not? Would you be interrested?

jeff

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:55:58 PM »
First, I'd like to agree that mGalaxy is a VERY cool frontend for version 1.   Can't wait for 2.0!!!    Need Beta testers?!?!?!?    ::)

Secondly, to get the list to be just what you want, I do this by editing the mg_mamedb.xml file and delete the lines that are games I don't have, and adding them back in by cutting a pasting a game that I do have and edit it for the new game.....hope that's clear....just copy the file to another location in case you screw up!

Neil

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:48:47 AM »

In that case, you'll just have to wait for the next version of mGalaxy....(out in a couple of days)

Woohoo!!!! Great news. I've nearly finished updating/refurbishing my Arcade Cabinet. :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:10:35 PM by Neil »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
Thanks very much for the kind words :)

It's not clear whether you want
(1) to filter 30 games among 3495 that you own...
In that case , you could add (one time) your 30 roms to the favorite list, then choose to only display the favorites.

or (2) to display the only 30 games that you own?
In that case, you'll just have to wait for the next version of mGalaxy which will allow displaying only the available roms. (out in a couple of days)

Cheers,

twarr

• Email
change gamelist?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
hi!

First of all I must say... mgalaxy is a REALLY nice frontend for mame. I have never seen any this nice :)

Anyway.. I'm new into MAME, so have some questions. The gamelist contains 3495 games, and I would like to change this. I would like to have like 30 games, because that is the only games I play (like pacman, street fighter etc.), and I do not want to go down the whole list to find theese games.

Is it any way I can change the list, so it contains only the games I play?

Thanks!  :)