Author Topic: No text - missing font?  (Read 5992 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: No text - missing font?
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 05:01:50 AM »
Glad that it resolves your problem...but this is not, properly speaking, a solution...but rather a workaround: all applications, all emulators will loose benefits from hardware acceleration coming from your graphic card.
There's a big chance that this bug is caused by the graphic card driver (if you confirm that Framework 4 is installed and that your Window has receive all updates).
Would you have, by chance, another graphic card? I would be curious of what it would give with another card!!
One last thing: could you please install DirectX 9.0 and see if you can enable hardware acceleration?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:05:51 AM by mgalaxy »

jeremy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
Thanks for the response!

Would you please execute those steps and see if that corrects your display bug:

No luck.

If none of those steps works, would you please do that test:

Yup! That got it! Thanks!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Would you please execute those steps and see if that corrects your display bug:
- check that you've the last video card drivers installed (install again if necessary)
- check that you've Microsoft NET Framework 4.0 installed - you can find a link to it on the mGalaxy download page. (install again if necessary)
- check that all Windows updates are downloaded and applied.

If none of those steps works, would you please do that test:

1. Go to Windows Desktop, Right click on blank area and select properties.
2. Select Settings - > Advanced button.
3. On the Advanced dialog, please choose TroubleShoot, and drag the scroller that says Hardware Acceleration to None.

Does it allow mGalaxy to display texts properly?

jeremy

No text - missing font?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:01:47 AM »
mGalaxy seems to be missing all text elements on my cab running XP. I don't have this issue on my Win7 workstation. I've tried v3.0, v4.1 and the 4.2 beta, all with the same issue. Is it possible I'm simply missing a required font?

Attached is a photo of RunWay on my cab, and I have the same issue in the frontend itself.

Thanks!