Author Topic: Really impressed with mGalaxy  (Read 4986 times)

davhuit

Re: Really impressed with mGalaxy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
I can confirm it's a really good front-end.

I looked this morning, just by curiosity, a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cbW2ypwFuJ8) about GameEx (another well-known front-end, it seems) and there are so much options that aren't game related (Video playback, DVD, YouTube and such) that it just look like a big mess.

Even some options that are game related seems pretty useless and are part of this big mess (like pictures of the cabinet, manual, etc... things no one need to play a game).

The only really interesting thing is that it can be fully controlled with a gamepad, but mGalaxy next version will be the same, so no more advantages :)

Maybe that's just a matter of taste, but I prefer use simple and easy things, which is what mGalaxy is.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:01:36 PM by davhuit »

mongo

Really impressed with mGalaxy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
I've been using Hyperspin for a while and grew tired of the lack of updates (sadly, it's basically a dead project now).  Went looking for a new front end and found mGalaxy.  I was looking for something that had a nice "out of the box" experience with minimal setup.  So far I'm really impressed.  Great job.