Author Topic: Stella commandline  (Read 6398 times)

citizengodden

Re: Stella commandline
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »
Code: [Select]
<Cmd id="0" name="Stella" value="-fullscreen 1 -uselauncher 0 &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" />
The version of Stella I tested it on was 3.6.1. Versions after this removed the -uselauncher argument.
Any version after 3.6.1 should exit fine with or without specifying the "-uselauncher 0" argument on the command line.

If the argument is specified in mGalaxy it guarantees that users of older version of Stella won't be affected by this annoying "feature" and newer versions will just ignore it anyway.  :)

It would make sense then, if you've got a newer version, that you don't see this problem.
It's not easy being green.

Stefan

• BORN TO PLAY
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
i use Stella too,
whats the different now ?

i use: <Cmd id="0" name="Stella" value="-fullscreen 1 &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" />

i have no problems atm.
---------------
Greetings from Austria

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
Thanks for pointing this out...it will be modified accordingly and available in v4.2!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:41:34 AM by mgalaxy »

citizengodden

Stella commandline
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »
I'm not sure how many people use Stella for their 2600 games. I do!

I did notice though that the command line options for Stella in the Systems.xml needs another argument (-uselauncher 0). This then prevents Stella from stalling at the ROM launcher after escaping out of the game.

I've tested this and it works well with the addition. I wasn't sure if this needed to go in Bug Reports or Wishlist tbh =)
It's not easy being green.