Author Topic: Joypad control...  (Read 11130 times)

citizengodden

Re: Joypad control...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »
Agreed it will be a really nice addition to an already great front-end.

No problem, if the emulator is compatible with xbox controller it will be compatible with all generics joypads with some wrappers or applications.
You can use Motioninjoy like said davhuit, or x360ce (I use this one) > http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

It s not like Xpadder, you don't see 1 more application, it s totally invisible.

Yeap - if your controller isn't directly supported there will always be ways to get it to work without too much trouble ;)
It's not easy being green.

Aeliss

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
No problem, if the emulator is compatible with xbox controller it will be compatible with all generics joypads with some wrappers or applications.
You can use Motioninjoy like said davhuit, or x360ce (I use this one) > http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

It s not like Xpadder, you don't see 1 more application, it s totally invisible.

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 04:12:41 AM »
I can not wait for the new version mGalaxy of support for joypad :) or in the future will be able to configure the gamepad other than that of the Xbox ?

davhuit

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
Thanks for the help, I found the themes.

I just bought a "Red Geo" version  ;)

Yup, I understood that the pad support will be in the next one, no problem with that :)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
davhuit,

The Xbox 360 controller support is implemented in the new version to come (not the one you can download now) on early September I guess.
You can browse all themes at a comfortable 800x600 pixels definition on the "download" page.

davhuit

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Yeah, that would be awesome (I would even pay for such a feature, personally)

Feel free to make a donation...the XBox 360 controller support is fully implemented in mGalaxy and will be part of the next (to be released) version  ;D

Really nice :)

@rash2236 : Motioninjoy can emulate a XBox 360 controller if you use a PS3 one, but it can probably also emulate it with some other pads, would need to check (and it's a program that could be always turned on as it don't really interfere with anything, it just faking Windows making it believe you use a 360 pad).

No problem for a donation. I had already planned to buy a supporter edition as soon as the pad support would be implemented but if it's already done, I'm in :)

Is there somewhere high resolutions pics of the differents themes? To choose which one I will take for the supporter edition? Thanks a lot.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »
Not for now!

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 04:11:18 AM »
and other pads can also be configured (USB PC PS2 clone) ??

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:53:31 AM »
Yeah, that would be awesome (I would even pay for such a feature, personally)

Feel free to make a donation...the XBox 360 controller support is fully implemented in mGalaxy and will be part of the next (to be released) version  ;D

davhuit

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »
Yeah, that would be awesome (I would even pay for such a feature, personally).

Shoobis

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Awesome! would be really a great asset in my "home center pc" like, i hope we can use it soon  :D

Thanks a lot for your work and your effort

citizengodden

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:25:08 AM »
Wow! That's great news - and will be a great addition to the cool feature-set in mGalaxy. I think the XBox controller is a good test device too - combining analogue and digital controls. The only thing it could do with is a spinner and trackball!! :D

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:15:37 AM »
This is on my to-do list too!!
I've delayed it until now because I knew by advance that I'll have to write again that part of code from scratch (mGalaxy was created with keyboard keys input in mind only)...but don't despair!!! To give you an idea of my involvement on the subject I will tell you that I've just bought a XBOX360 controller to help me test mGalaxy while I'll be working on joystick support ;-)

citizengodden

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
Seriously though...

It's OK for all you lucky people with MAME cabs out there - but there are lots (the vast majority at a guess?) that don't have a cab and would like to select games/emus with their joypads  :D

I would LOVE to make a MAME cab, and I'm sure I will one day, but for the time being I guess I'm stuck with playing them on my PC - so any help to make my experience even more enjoyable would be really appreciated!

citizengodden

Joypad control...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
I know it's been talked about before.  :)  The addition of being able to configure the keys is good. However I want it to go a little further (without resorting to xpadder or other utilities).

I would like the interface to be controlled natively by a joystick.

My own personal circumstances are that I love MAME, I don't have a cabinet, and I play with an XBox controller. The idea of having to reach for the keyboard to select games is painful (due to my laziness). I have MAME set up the way I want, with the joystick being used, along with the other analogue stick or POV for some games, so I'm reluctant to start changing them back to being keyboard keys and having to use a third-party app to control mGalaxy. If there was a way for me to use a third party app and keep MAME the same, I would definitely be interested to learn how!

If not, then it would be perfect to chose a joystick button instead of a key in the runway config app.  :)