Author Topic: [mGalaxy AIO download] Snapshots do not work  (Read 15870 times)

paulanderson

Re: [mGalaxy AIO download] Snapshots do not work
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »
paul,

Yes, I've decided to add this to the next mGalaxy version.
As you stated I didn't have that much replies on that topic...so, I've the feeling that I will add it as an option, letting people the choice to decide the way they want it to work.

Cheers,
Excellent, thankyou for the reply mate. Looking forward to the update :D

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 08:09:30 AM »
paul,

Yes, I've decided to add this to the next mGalaxy version.
As you stated I didn't have that much replies on that topic...so, I've the feeling that I will add it as an option, letting people the choice to decide the way they want it to work.

Cheers,

paulanderson

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
I was wondering if any sort of decision has been made with regard to this topic. I still feel its a shame that mGalaxy remains "behind the times" so to speak. It woula appear that the members here dont post very often (which is a shame) so it looks like the decision is down to you.

All the best,
Paul.

paulanderson

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 04:07:34 PM »
Thats fair enough but I would assume that those who take this seriously (as I believe we ALL do) would love for the mGalaxy frontend to be brought into line with the recent mame change. It would be a shame to see such a great frontend lose popularity due to being behind the times. I patiently await the rest of the communities replies and your decision,

Paul.

edit - there is a .bat script which you can run to bring old snapshots into line with the latest mame and would solve the existing snapshot problem ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 04:28:22 PM by paulanderson »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »
This wouldn't be a problem for me to adapt mGalaxy to this new naming convention...but as I told you, I need the feedback from other users before doing the switch.

Cheers,

paulanderson

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »
If that is to be the case then I assume that we are stuck with an old version of mame, do you not consider this a shame? considering the advances in the emulator?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »
i think keeping up with the current version of mame is critical. i feel that the next AIO should accomodate this change?

Yes, perhaps...but I'm not sure that everyone would like to move screenshots one by one in a distinct folder, or start from scratch with each game...excepted if there's a place on the net to download the whole screenshot set in the new format?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 04:02:08 PM by mgalaxy »

paulanderson

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
Thanks very much for the reply. My question would then be "what can be done to ensure that the snapshots appear in mGalaxy" as the solution is unclear to a newbie such as myself. All help is very much appreciated :)

edit - i think keeping up with the current version of mame is critical. i feel that the next AIO should accomodate this change?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:52:32 PM by paulanderson »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
The "problem" is coming from Mame itself.
Actually, since v0.110u1, the naming of screenshots has changed.

See the "What's new" document on mame.net (http://www.mame.net/whatsnew.html):
Changed naming of screenshots. They are now created in separate
folders per game, with numeric names 0000.png, 0001.png, etc.

See the related thread on Mameworld:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=95464&page=0&view=expanded&sb=2&o=&vc=1

Anyway, mGalaxy isn't for now adapted to this change in naming convention...and I wonder if people would like to keep the "old" system...or switch to the "new" one?

Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:50:03 PM by mgalaxy »

paulanderson

[mGalaxy AIO download] Snapshots do not work
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »
I realise there is a problem similar posted here:

http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

but the problem was never really answered. Is the AIO provided for download tested with regards to things like this or is it basically a package of the required items? I have struggled for days trying to work out why this happens but so far have been unsucessful. It seems a bit strange that the dir is created and the image in the new dirs always has the same filename whereas snapshots work fine with a vanilla mame. Can anyone help? This is killing my potential enjoyment of your fine cabinet frontend.