Author Topic: A merged list of games?  (Read 5858 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: A merged list of games?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
what would work best for my particular needs is to be able to bind a key to "go to next emulator" (and maybe prev but that's less important)
That's a good idea! (and it will be easy to implement it)
I'll work on it today (i hope) and I'll send you a "personal copy" as soon as it's done!!;-)

daimun

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I didn't realize this would turn into a feature request :). I'm also a software developer and am always so excited to run into Well Built Software. Your mGalaxy project here qualifies in spades.

As I was sitting at our console this morning after reading your post, I was considering your response. I think, short of a merged list, what would work best for my particular needs is to be able to bind a key to "go to next emulator" (and maybe prev but that's less important). That way I could bind my menu button (or left/right on the joystick if it also did prev) to that in mGalaxy. Then the kids can just hit the button to navigate between emulators. Is this something you'd consider adding?

Thank you so much for getting back with me.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:20:20 AM »
daimun,

Thanks for your kind words! (this is my best "reward" on developing mGalaxy!)
I understand your concern!
I couldn't mix all the games from all systems in a same common list...but I could extend the "Top 10 Favorites" windows to all systems!
Actually, I could thing to add a button in the menu, like "Show all systems in Top 10 favorites windows".
Then (if checked) when you would call the "Top 10 Favorites" & "Top 10 most played" window you would
have a list (with no limit in size) displaying the games, all systems mingled!

What do you think of this?

daimun

• Email
A merged list of games?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
Hi,

I'm a first-time poster here. I just recently built my MAME console and WOW am I impressed with the *Awesome* quality of mGalaxy. It makes the whole machine a joy to use.

My question is regarding the menu. I currently have our list of games set up to just show us all of the titles we have, and I have the buttons locked out so the only thing you can do is start a game. All of the menu functions, favorites, etc are binded to F1-F12 keys on the keyboard. This is so that our kids can't get lost in the menus or goof something up (the keyboard/mouse is perched on top of the cabinet, and I'm the only one that can reach it).

I'd love to add some NES and SNES titles to the list. Is this possible? It seems to me that the only way to get to NES / SNES titles is through the menu to switch to another emulator. A combined list so that you're picking from a game, rather than a system, would really be best for us.

Thank you so much for your help.

Oh and to anyone interested, here's a picture of me using our cabinet for the first time. It took me about 2 weeks to build and it was a blast. My family is really enjoying it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/138642/Photo%20Feb%2009%2C%2011%2031%2018%20AM.jpg