Author Topic: X-Gaming Tank Stick  (Read 7255 times)

chrispitude

Re: X-Gaming Tank Stick
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
Yes, I can confirm this...  I'm using a tankstick, and it works fine with mGalaxy.

However, if you mean, do the default tankstick keys match the default mGalaxy (or default MAME) keys, then the answer is no.  Some of the keys match, but most (like the joystick) don't.  I had to map mGalaxy to my tankstick keys, and I had to map MAME to my tankstick keys.  I'm considering just programming the tankstick to match them but different versions of MAME don't even agree on their defaults.

Hi Tex,

The current version of MAME (0.158) comes with a Tankstick input mapping. I was able to configure MAME to use the tankstick by putting

Code: [Select]
-ctrlr xarcade
-mouse 1

in the mame.ini file.

I haven't configured mGalaxy to use the Tankstick's keyboard controls yet; that's next.

Tex

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
Yes, I can confirm this...  I'm using a tankstick, and it works fine with mGalaxy.

However, if you mean, do the default tankstick keys match the default mGalaxy (or default MAME) keys, then the answer is no.  Some of the keys match, but most (like the joystick) don't.  I had to map mGalaxy to my tankstick keys, and I had to map MAME to my tankstick keys.  I'm considering just programming the tankstick to match them but different versions of MAME don't even agree on their defaults.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
I thinks so! This joystick uses a keyboard encoder which sends keystrokes to the computer, isn't it?
If so, it should work flawlessly with mGalaxy!
I remind you that you can change mGalaxy default key mapping with mGalaxy Runway!

iFlash

• Email
X-Gaming Tank Stick
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
Does this frontend officially support the TankStick? I did see some questions from another member about the BYOC kit but nothing on the official products.

Thanks,

Flash