Author Topic: Bravo! + a few wishes  (Read 6336 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Bravo! + a few wishes
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:27:46 AM »
Thanks so much for your kind words!
I enjoyed and appreciated every word of your message ;)

Ability to view additional artwork folder images (i.e. cabinets, marquees, etc.)
That would change the actual layout of mGalaxy...not sure if users would like it or no?!
Anyway, it will be submitted in the next poll!

Support for at least player # 2 joystick (for Black Widow,Robotron, etc), mouse/trackball/spinner control (Centipede, Tempest, etc)
mGalaxy is "only" the frontend to Mame. Once you're inside Mame all this is managed by Mame itself.

Control screen rotation within the front end
Might be add in a future...if users choose a "customizer" to mGalaxy (point (1) in the current poll)

VidGameProf

Bravo! + a few wishes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »
Thank you for this new front end.  It has to be the easiest to date and I think "easy" is good software design.  Also, I'd be willing to donate to help your efforts, fund your bandwidth, etc.  You might want  to add a Paypal donation button. Very nice web site to boot.

Some features I'd love to see:

1. Snaps recognized in a master zip file (this might be a Mame thing as I am used to using Mame32)
2. Ability to view additional artwork folder images (i.e. cabinets, marquees, etc.)
3. Support for at least player # 2 joystick (for Black Widow,Robotron, etc), mouse/trackball/spinner control (Centipede, Tempest, etc)
4. Sounds for selections/rollover effects (I'm  not the first to suggest, but just want to support the request)
5. Control screen rotation within the front end

Thank you so much for creating this front end.  I look forward to it's bright future!