Author Topic: cant exit games if played for a few minutes  (Read 828 times)

Dudeman

Re: cant exit games if played for a few minutes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 12:07:50 PM »
I switched to xpadder and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Dudeman

cant exit games if played for a few minutes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 10:59:34 AM »
I have a strange issue and I'm not really sure what to try next.  Maybe someone here has encountered something similar and can make a suggestion.

I am using antimicrox so that I can press two buttons on my joystick to emulate the escape key.  I use this to exit games and return to the mgalaxy launcher.  If I start a game from mgalaxy and press the key combo on my joystick within the first minute it works correctly.  BUT if I play the game for a few minutes, then try the key combo nothing happens.  I turned on the debug logging in antimicrox and it isn't recognizing any joystick input after a few minutes of playing.  I have 4 emulators setup in mgalaxy and this happens with all of them.  If I launch the emulators from outside mgalaxy and play for the same amount of time I don't have the problem.  The problem only happens if mgalaxy launched the emulator.  I tried the emulators with and without autoit scripts and it didn't seem to make a difference.
Heres the strange thing.  I have a second computer where I reproduced the setup but it doesn't have the problem.  On the second computer antimicrox continues to recognize button presses even after playing the games for a while.  The working computer is windows 10 and only has a single controller connected.  The problematic computer is windows 11 and has two arcade style joysticks connected.  Maybe that's related?

I know the obvious answer would be that there's something wrong with the computer but it's brand new and dedicated to this purpose.  It's a dedicated mgalaxy machine with nothing else running on it.  I would blame the emulators but again if I launch them without mgalaxy I don't have the issue.

Any suggestions or guidance would be super appreciated.  I want to run the arcade machine without a keyboard but right now I can't quit games if I play for more than a minute or so unless I hit the escape key on the keyboard.