Author Topic: Some ideas for the next update  (Read 293 times)

Disney Rob

Re: Some ideas for the next update
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2024, 09:40:26 AM »
Those screens are so cool. They would make finding your wanted system so much easier.
Another thought as well,
Instead of the Bagman graphic on every system , maybe make the graphic from the actual system. The way it is now could be a little misleading to a noob,
They would wonder how the Atari 2600 could have such a good looking game

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2024, 03:13:34 AM »
I had also initially thought of installing an on-screen virtual keyboard (just like the 'Search' panel, which would filter out systems or groups containing these letters as you type.

Alternatively (and perhaps more intuitively for most people), simply set the preferences so that you can opt for a 'large', 'medium' or 'small' display of systems.

Here's an image which could, for example, correspond to the display (medium or small)

I'm thinking of going for the latter. What do you all think?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 07:01:13 AM by mgalaxy »

Disney Rob

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 06:09:41 PM »
Yes I am aware of the search engine in Runway.
What I was thinking is this .
Let us say you finished playing The sof Tom Sawyer on NES. Now you want to play Legend ofZelda on Gamecube,
You hit the "?" button (or whatever) a dialogue box comes up. You type Gamecube, press enter and it takes you top the Gamecube page.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024, 02:53:06 PM »
Hi Rob!
First of all, thank you so much for your last message!
Believe me, coming from you, whom I now "know" a little... it's a great source of pride to receive your compliments!

I won't hide from you that I'm terribly busy at the moment...but I'll make it a point of honor to try and fulfill all your requests!
But don't hesitate to refresh my memory if things aren't going fast enough ;)

First of all, I'll have to deal with the systems you list here  :) (I suppose this list is based on the previous one you posted!?)

An option that finds the system you are looking for without having to scroll through all systems. When you have 117 systems on your mGalaxy, it is a pain to try to find the one you want
I assume you're talking here in the context of mGalaxy itself, not mGalaxy_Runway? Or both, perhaps?

In mGalaxy_Runway, I could add a filter field, like there is for emulators?

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that the search performed here is based on the emulator name as well as on the systems emulated by the emulators!
In other words, if I start typing 'ata', mGalaxy_Runway will show emulators that include these letters AND emulators that emulate a system including these letters!

Concerning mGalaxy itself, I'll have to think about a system that allows you to do this using only the cursors (or joystick) and the enter key (or button)...since you know that all navigation in mGalaxy is based on this system...but I'll think about it!
Here again, I remind you...but I know you couldn't have missed it ;) that you can already speed things up slightly by choosing to filter only on a 'type' of system (group, arcade, console, computer).

« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 03:16:28 PM by mgalaxy »

Disney Rob

Some ideas for the next update
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 12:17:36 PM »
Though it is hard to improve on perfection, here are some thoughts for the nest upgrade
 added systems

Another Arcade Emulator
Entex Adventure System
Mattel Aquarius
Mega Duck
Sega ST-V
Sony Pocket Station
Xbox 360
PS3
Acorn BBC Micro
And though I added it to mine (just a  few lines of code) add XEMU to X B0x it is a much better emulator

</Emulator>
<Emulator name="XEmu" hidden="false">
      <Systems>
         <System name="Microsoft Xbox" option="" script="false" cmd="-m -k %volume(0,100) &quot;%path%slash%file%ext&quot;" extensions="iso"/>
      </Systems>
      <Requirement>
         <b>To set the emulator to fullscreen</b>
</Emulator>

Also you know what would be so cool.
An option that finds the system you are looking for without having to scroll through all systems. When you have 117 systems on your mGalaxy, it is a pain to try to find the one you want

Just a few ideas for the next version
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 12:51:13 PM by Disney Rob »