Author Topic: Demulshooter help  (Read 1445 times)

Aeliss

Re: Demulshooter help
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 09:13:46 AM »
And I have another question @Guillomm69 you don't have problem to run arcade game using MGalaxy ?
Because sometime need to run the executable, other time use a loader, ect ,,, And mGalaxy can have problem with the application to check to see if the game is sill running ?

Mgalaxy can use *.bat file as "rom file", you can make a bat file for each game, you just need to be sure the cmd windows is not closed before you close the game itself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 09:17:30 AM by Aeliss »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 01:51:27 PM »
If my understanding of DemulShooter is good, I think that mGalaxy already has the tools to achieve what you want:

• Open mGalaxy_Runway
  • Create a Sega Naomi system
  • Choose Demul as emulator and set the path to it (choose the correct version of Demul, I can see on their page that some games require a specific version of Demul, Ref.: https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Usage#for-demul)
  • Set the rom folder. Note that the rom folder should also be set in Demul

So, the principle in other words and by the example

• You'll have to create a folder grouping all the light gun games for a specific system...Let's take 'Naomi_LightGun'
  • You'll perhaps even have to group them further by Demul compatibility...So let's rather choose 'Naomi_LightGun_Demul07a'
    (Note that a path to those roms should be set in Demul too!)
  • You'll have to create a new system in mGalaxy_Runway, choose 'Demul' as emulator, set the path to the specific Demul version (here 'Demul07a')...and finally set the rom folder to our 'Naomi_LightGun_Demul07a'
  • You'll have to switch to the 'Extra' tab, enable 'Pre-Launch', set the path to DemulShooter and add the parameter, with '-target' corresponding to the nomenclature used by DemulShooter. So here "-target=demul07a", followed by a space and -rom=%file

Make as many 'system'/'emu used' combination that DemulShooter force you to do!
You can then create a group in mGalaxy_Runway, called "Light Gun" to group them all ;)

Hope that all this is clear and makes sense!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 02:54:15 PM by mgalaxy »

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 05:56:12 AM »
Guillomm69,
I was asking a question that was never replied there: https://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1600.0...is it the same concern?

Guillomm69

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 02:47:20 AM »
Ok thank you very much for taking the time to answer me

Guillaume

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:03:08 AM »
Except making a special script for each game, I don't see.
I m using too this sytem (out of mgalaxy) and all command are different according to game.

Guillomm69

• Email
Demulshooter help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 12:23:35 AM »
Hi all, I'm looking for a solution to have multiple CMD commands for teknoparrot so I can use Deemulshooter.
I need a DOS command for each game so that the lightguns work without having to change it all the time and currently I can only assign a single command.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume