Author Topic: Command Box when loading game  (Read 1636 times)

sharpy2010

• Email
Re: Command Box when loading game
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 06:57:59 AM »
Hi mGalaxy!

YES!!!!

That is working perfectly and is exactly what I wanted!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it  :D :D :D

I might have a solution for you ;)

Enclosed you'll find 2 files.
  • Copy (and overwrite) 'Emulators.xml' into: 'mGalaxy > Data > Definition' folder
  • Copy 'MAME.au3' into: 'mGalaxy > Data > Scripts' folder

Report here if it's working like it should ;)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 05:15:16 AM »
I might have a solution for you ;)

Enclosed you'll find 2 files.
  • Copy (and overwrite) 'Emulators.xml' into: 'mGalaxy > Data > Definition' folder
  • Copy 'MAME.au3' into: 'mGalaxy > Data > Scripts' folder

Report here if it's working like it should ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:20:22 AM by mgalaxy »

sharpy2010

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 08:53:12 PM »
Unfortunately this is not possible with MAME at the moment.
Is it possible for you to use RetroArch with a MAME core ?...because then you won't have this problem!

Ah thats a shame. I found that setting the window to fullscreen makes a much more pleasant loading screen than the windowed command box. Thats my workaround at the moment.

mGalaxy is great, really happy with it so far. It's running on my own PC, but going to make a standalone cabinet soon!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 03:58:53 PM »
Unfortunately this is not possible with MAME at the moment.
Is it possible for you to use RetroArch with a MAME core ?...because then you won't have this problem!

sharpy2010

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 07:29:20 PM »
I've now done some experimentantion, and the command box that opens up is Windows Powershell. Some messing about with the configuration settings of Poweshell means that the box now loads in a maximised window and looks a lot better (but not quite perfect). It only displays for a split second anyway, but I wanted it to not happen at all! I've tried having powershell disappear when it loses focus, but that doesn't work (emulator still crashes on exit) and doesn't look great anyway.

So, progress is being made! I'll update if I find a method to fully hide / remove the command box!

sharpy2010

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 07:05:40 PM »
Hi JMD, thanks for taking the time to reply!

This is frustrating.... I made the change, and it did EXACTLY what I wanted it to, it hid the command window.

The only problem is that when I press Escape to come out of the game that loads, and back into mGalaxy, Mame crashes and does not exit.

I'll show you what I changed, and maybe you can let me know if something is wrong:

<Emulator name="MAME" hidden="true">
      <Systems>
         <System name="Arcade" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
         <System name="Capcom CPS-1" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
         <System name="Capcom CPS-2" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
         <System name="Capcom CPS-3" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
      </Systems>
      <Requirement>None</Requirement>
   </Emulator>

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 02:13:44 PM »
Maybe you could try this:
Open mGalaxy/Data/Definition/Emulators.xml with a text editor
Do a search on "MAME" untill you find this line:
Code: [Select]
<Emulator name="MAME" hidden="false">then, replace "false" by "true"
Save

From what I understand, this parameter is supposed to set the visibility of the command window

Start mGalaxy and tell us if it's working the way you'd like ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:15:47 PM by jmd »

sharpy2010

• Email
Command Box when loading game
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »
Hi everyone!

When I press enter in mGalaxy to select a game, a command box appears for about half a second, then the game starts within Mame.

I wonder if it would be possible some way to hide that command box from showing up whilst the game loads.

Thanks!

Chris.