Author Topic: Another one that works from Desktop but not through mGalaxy  (Read 1931 times)

Disney Rob

Re: Another one that works from Desktop but not through mGalaxy
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »
I think the issue is with my Mame... My Mame version, and my ROMS version are really different
My Roms are 0.202, and my MAME is 0.239.  I am going to find something a little closer to my ROMS
I was able to get a little more with EPOCH... When I bring it up I get what we used to call snow on the television.
No Sound, just the static that we called snow.
Will keep working until I get this think working.
Thanks for the help

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 07:29:40 PM »
You know that you have to drop the bios in 'rom' folder of Mame, do you? (Read the 'Requirement' info for Mame in the 'Emulators' tab!)
...the same is true for Retroarch..but it need to find the bios in its 'system' folder!

Take the 'Epoch Super Cassette Vision' system for instance.
Retroarch need 'upd7801g.s01' and 'epochtv.chr' to be present in its 'system' folder.
MAME needs the 2 same files but zipped in a file named 'scv.zip' in its 'roms' folder. (scv being the Mame identifier for the 'Epoch Super Cassette Vision' system.

One last think that I forgot to mention concerning Epoch and Retroarch;
the 'emuscv_libretro.dll' core is not native I think. You should find it here: http://www.maaax.com/emuscv/binaries/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 07:42:44 PM by mgalaxy »

Disney Rob

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »
Wow not one of them worked for me.
I keep getting an error message
Error Unknown Option followed by the path to the rom
However I do not think the issue is with mGalaxy
I think the issue lies with MAME.
I noticed a few systems do not work with MAME for me.
I have totally uninstalled MAME and reinstalled it and I still have issues.
Some systems work fine with MAME, others not so good.
Even when run directly from MAME they say the can not find the ROMSET even though the path is correct.
I even made multiple entries of MAME on different drives...Same thing.
Been to the MAME forum, and they were not very helpful.
I think when I figure this out I can open about four new system, but so far all my fiddling has been a waste of time.
Again, I think this is a MAME issue, and not mGalaxy, so I think your code will work for others.
Thank you for your time.

Disney Rob

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 12:46:27 PM »
Thank you sir.... I will try this and let you know what happens...

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 11:47:40 AM »
1. In mGalaxy > Data > Definition, create 4 folders named
Epoch Super Cassette Vision
Tomy Tutor
Bit Corporation Gamate
Game Park GP32
2. Put the corresponding (joined) icons in each folder (they must be named 'icon.png')

3. Open mGalaxy > Data > Definition > Systems.xml, add those systems
<System name="Bit Corporation Gamate" type="Console">
   <DBID pc="" ss="" em="" tgdb="Gamate" gb="166|GMT"/>
</System>
<System name="Epoch Super Cassette Vision" type="Console">
   <DBID pc="" ss="67" em="Epoch_Super_Cassette_Vision" tgdb="Epoch Super Cassette Vision" gb="136|SCV"/>
</System>
<System name="Game Park GP32" type="Console">
   <DBID pc="gamepark_gp32" ss="101" em="Gamepark_GP32" tgdb="GP32" gb="133|GP32"/>
</System>
<System name="Tomy Tutor" type="Computer">
   <DBID pc="" ss="" em="Tomy_Tutor" tgdb="" gb="165|TUT"/>
</System>

4. Open mGalaxy > Data > Definition > Emulators.xml
REPLACE the whole
<Emulator name="MAME" hidden="false">
   ... (all that's in between)
</Emulator>

with this
<Emulator name="MAME" hidden="false">
   <Systems>
      <System name="Arcade" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
      <System name="Bit Corporation Gamate" option="" script="false" cmd="gamate -cart &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="7z|bin|zip"/>
      <System name="Capcom CPS-1" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
      <System name="Capcom CPS-2" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
      <System name="Capcom CPS-3" option="" script="false" cmd="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="zip|7z|chd"/>
      <System name="Epoch Super Cassette Vision" option="" script="false" cmd="scv -cart &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="7z|bin|zip"/>
      <System name="Game Park GP32" option="" script="false" cmd="gp32 -memc &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="7z|smc|zip"/>
      <System name="Tomy Tutor" option="" script="false" cmd="tutor -cart &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions="7z|bin|zip"/>
   </Systems>
   <Requirement>Remember that when Mame is used to emulate a CONSOLE it expects to find a file containing the BIOS of this console in the &apos;roms&apos; folder of MAME.
For example, for the &apos;Epoch Super Cassette Vision&apos; console, whose identifier for MAME is &apos;svc&apos;, there should be a .zip archive in the &apos;roms&apos; folder of MAME containing the bios and named like the identifier...so &apos;svc.zip&apos;!
   </Requirement>
</Emulator>

ADD this SYSTEM to the Retroarch Emulator
<System name="Epoch Super Cassette Vision" option="emuscv_libretro.dll" script="false" cmd="-f -L cores\emuscv_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions="cart|bin|rom|0|zip"/>

ADD this EMULATOR
<Emulator name="eSCV" hidden="false">
   <Systems>
      <System name="Epoch Super Cassette Vision" option="" script="true" cmd="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions="bin|hex|rom"/>
   </Systems>
   <Requirement>For this emulator to work, a bios must be present at the same level as the application.
This bios is generally referenced under the name &apos;upd7801g.s01&apos; but to work with eSCV will have to be renamed to &apos;BIOS.ROM&apos;!

<b>To quit emulator using the ESC key</b>
This feature is not available in the emulator. mGalaxy will take care of it with a script.

<b>To set the emulator to fullscreen</b>
Open eSCV, menu &apos;Host &gt; Screen&apos; and select your full screen mode.
The application switches to full screen. Point your mouse to the top edge of the screen. The menu appears and you can choose to exit. The setting is now memorized.</Requirement>
</Emulator>

All this may seem complicated to you but I do it this way because I know that your files are edited by you and it is therefore to avoid a simple replacement of the basic files!

However, if you just want to replace everything I attach an archive that you can just extract in the mGalaxy Data folder
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 11:57:52 AM by mgalaxy »

Disney Rob

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 10:00:26 AM »
No Sweat my friend. You are the man. We all have lives to lead beyond computer games
I know you will come through like you always do.
Glad you were able to get  the one system going.
As I stated I was looking into Hyperspin, and copied down all their systems,found emulators and roms that wanted and loaded them into my computer.
Then went back and added them into my mGalaxy
The first bunch were not hard at all.
Then after about 100 systems, I started to run into issues.
I am at 117 working, and that is pretty good.
I get this last batch running and I will be good to go. (Running out of hard drive space any way at 10T)
I just added another 2T external to my machine.
But the few remaining systems they have listed I can not find roms for, or emulators, or there is just to few games available to make it worth while.
I get these working and I will be satisfied.....
Again thank you for all the help.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
I will get an eye on those 4 systems tomorrow.
By the way I got GP32 to work with mame...full screen and with sound :)...but it was choppy. I will give you the steps to achieve this tomorrow too!
I don't forget you...but it will take one day more!
I managed to run all the systems you submitted, with MAME for the totality and with dedicated emulators and Retroarch for some others!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 05:37:55 PM »
I will get an eye on those 4 systems tomorrow.
By the way I got GP32 to work with mame...full screen and with sound :)...but it was choppy. I will give you the steps to achieve this tomorrow too!

Disney Rob

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 03:41:37 PM »
Yes, you have done it again. I understand about the sound, and other issues. You have to keep mGalaxy the primo program it is.
I don't mind having to click to get full screen, and as far as the sound , I can live with it, or without it. But others
I will admit this, I was contemplating on getting  a preloaded Hyperspin, but not now. With your help I have been able to get 117 systems up and running through mGalaxy
And I am ecstatic about that.
I just have four that have me pulling my hair out
Apple II GS
Tomy Tutor
Epoch Super cassette vision
Game Mate
And even these would work if I can get MAME to work with them, but I have touse their native emulators. MAME doesn't recognize my romset
But hey 117 working systems is pretty awesome.
But I will figure them out. If not, I will just play them from the desktop. No big deal.
Again thank you, and am looking forward to the new mGalaxy

Disney Rob

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 03:14:37 PM »
Thanks my friend. You are the man...

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 06:51:54 AM »
Hi Rob

I managed to make it work (through mGalaxy)..the problem is:
- the emu itself is unstable
- the sound is not emulated
- you can't switch it to full screen

...that's why I can't add it (at least with GeePee32) to the list of official systems/emulators (I want to keep the quality and simplicity level of mGalaxy)

But I can give you the command line for you to do your tests (to use with roms with .smc extension):
Code: [Select]
cmd=" /run /smc &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"

Disney Rob

Another one that works from Desktop but not through mGalaxy
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »
First off how is the update going. Every time I click on my mGalaxy I am hoping to see those magic words that the update is ready for download.
However the reason I need help now is the same old issue. Everything works from desktop, but when I try to use mGalaxy it crashes.
This time the culprit is a system called Game Park
The emulator I am using is called GeePee32
If I run the game from my desktop, it works.
If I try to use mGalaxy it crashes . It says It cannot find the rom file, and then I get an access violation.
You have been so helpful in the past fixing these sort of things.
Hoping you can help me out again.
Thanks...
(Oh I am up to 114 working systems on my current mGalaxy with no issues and six with slight issues I am working on)