Author Topic: Database downloads not working on mGalaxy forums  (Read 5052 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Database downloads not working on mGalaxy forums
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 07:42:23 AM »
I see.  I did not realize the Runway app was able to download the textual data for the games in my library.  It doesn't seem to download this data from EmuMovies, and when I try "Screenscraper" I get an "Error while connecting to DB" message after it has completed scanning all of the games.

Am I missing another way to update game databases?
There is indeed a new feature with Screenscraper: it now requires a username and a password (registration is free though). mGalaxy has been adapted accordingly in its future version. In the meantime, if you want, you can download a beta version that will allow you to solve this problem!

http://mgalaxy.com/downloads/mGalaxy_Beta.zip

dgackey

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 02:57:54 PM »
I see.  I did not realize the Runway app was able to download the textual data for the games in my library.  It doesn't seem to download this data from EmuMovies, and when I try "Screenscraper" I get an "Error while connecting to DB" message after it has completed scanning all of the games.

Am I missing another way to update game databases?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 07:34:55 AM »
Sorry, but this possibility does not exist anymore! (I'm going to remove it from the forum for good).
It was especially useful when mGalaxy didn't have the link to databases on the internet.
Now, it is so easy to bring back all the necessary information through mGalaxy_Runway that it doesn't justify me to keep this feature updated.
Hope that you understand!

dgackey

Database downloads not working on mGalaxy forums
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 01:46:03 AM »
Hi, clicking on any of the download links on the Database forum seems to return back to the Databases forum page (https://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0).
It seems that the query-string "action=downloads" is not doing anything on the server scripts.

Can you fix this, please?

Thanks!