Author Topic: Support for PNG transparency in themes  (Read 4787 times)

dgackey

Re: Support for PNG transparency in themes
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 09:10:36 PM »
MyVintageRoom is a real 3D scene (contrary to other frontend faking 3D). As such, you don't have to use a box render...but the cover itself, also available on emumovies by the way ;)

That's cool, but I assume it's only rendering the front cover on the surface facing the camera, then, so you don't actually get the spine of the case?    That was the main motivation of using the 3/4 renders.

Re: 3D, on one hand I would say I'm not sure that this particular scene really warrants the use of a 3D scene (compared to the Arcade scene which makes total sense).  But on second thought, though this scene currently has a decided "1980's" feel, it could be cool if you had the ability to specify different decades/presets, so early Atari / Colecovision / Intellivision consoles got the 1980's scene, the SNES and Genesis got a 90's treatment, etc.

jmd

• Email
Re: Support for PNG transparency in themes
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 05:05:46 PM »
MyVintageRoom is a real 3D scene (contrary to other frontend faking 3D). As such, you don't have to use a box render...but the cover itself, also available on emumovies by the way ;)

dgackey

Support for PNG transparency in themes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:53:14 PM »
Just paid for premium and am a little disappointed to see that the cover art used for the My Vintage Room One theme (and theoretically others?) does not seem to support PNG transparency.  I am using 3d box renders from EmuMovies which almost look *perfect* but the lack of PNG transparency totally ruins it.

Any chance we can get this added?  Should be a relatively simple fix.